COVID-19 UPDATE:   Latest CSU Global Updates

FAQs for Disability Services

Want to learn more?

Fill out the form below and we'll contact you and answer all of your questions.

By submitting this form, I agree that representatives of CSU Global may contact me about educational services via email, phone, or text message including automated technology. Message and data rates may apply.

Disability Services

FAQs for Disability Services
Academic Requirements​​​​​​​

Where can I find information about Disability Services at CSU-Global?

mailto:mailto:ada@csuglobal.eduInformation about Disability Services can be found in the resources section. You can also reach out directly by emailing or calling 720-279-0650.

What is an academic accommodation?

An accommodation is any modification or adjustment in the learning environment that enables a qualified person with a disability to participate in a course, program, facility, activity, or service. These adjustments assure that a student with a disability has rights and privileges equal to students without disabilities. Accommodations create equal educational opportunities.

​What kinds of academic accommodations are available through CSU-Global's Disability Services?

Accommodations at CSU Global focus on providing equal access to all students in an online educational environment. Reasonable accommodations may consist of changes in policies, practices, services, and the use of auxiliary aids. Academic accommodations include, but are not limited to:

  • Modifying the deadline for assignments
  • Modifying the format of course materials
  • Modifying the way course information is presented
  • Modifying how a student submits assignments

Disability Services determines reasonable academic accommodations from the information students provide when they register for services.

How do I receive academic accommodations?

In order to receive academic accommodations, you will need to register with Disability Services. Disability Services offers detailed information about getting registered. Basically, you will need to complete 2 forms: Request for Academic Accommodations and Informed Consent, and submit supportive documentation of a disability.

Disability Services will review these materials and either approve accommodations or ask for additional supportive documentation. Once approved, you will be able to request Faculty Notification letters at the beginning of each term and/or materials in alternative formats. If you have specific questions about registering with Disability Services, please get in touch by email at or phone at (720) 279-0650.

If I have an academic accommodation, do I have to use it for every class?

Absolutely not. You are in charge of when and how you use your accommodation. Students choose in which courses they want to use their accommodations. Should you want to use your accommodation for a course, it is up to you to request a Faculty Notification letter from Disability Services as well as share that letter with your instructor.

Do I need to request Faculty Notification letters for every class?

Yes, you will need to reach out to Disability Services to request Faculty Notification letters for each course, each term. It is your responsibility to share the Faculty Notification letter with your instructor. Disability Services recommends starting the conversation about your accommodations early in the term because accommodations are not retroactive.

What do I do if my instructor is not honoring my accommodation?

First, reach out to your instructor by email or phone. This may genuinely be an accident that can be rectified by a conversation reminding the instructor. If the issue continues or it seems like the instructor is not following the terms of your accommodation, contact Disability Services at or (720) 279-0650 and we will work together to communicate with the instructor.

What do I do if I have a temporary medical condition?

Students experiencing temporary injuries or medical conditions are not covered under federal disability laws. Medical conditions that are considered temporary can include injuries, surgeries, or acute illnesses. If you feel your attendance will be affected by a temporary medical condition, contact your instructor and student success counselor. In addition, you should review the CSU Global Late PolicyIncomplete Grade Guidelines, and Leave of Absence Policy.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. Learn More. Got it!