How to Submit Feedback or Complaints

At CSU Global, your voice matters. We value your feedback and believe it plays a crucial role in enhancing your university experience. Students should attempt to resolve complaints through the university process before contacting external agencies. Here's how you can submit your feedback or complaints:

Through the CSU Global Student Portal: 

If you have a CSU Global email address, login to the student portal:

  1. Locate the “Submit Feedback or Grievances” link in the left navigation menu
  2. Select the area of concern (e.g. Admissions, Advising, Student Finance, etc.) 
  3. Provide a summary of your complaint

Your input will be directed to the appropriate department for review and resolution. 

No Access to the Student Portal? 

If you don’t have access to the CSU Global Student Portal, you can submit your feedback or complaint by emailing [at] Please include all relevant details in your email so we can address your concerns effectively. 

Student Grievance Policy

Student grievances are defined as any unresolved complaint or allegation, including:

  • Unprofessional instructor conduct that adversely affects a student's ability to successfully complete his/her academic goals, including a specific course or program
  • Improper admission counseling or advising 
  • Specific course assignments, curriculum elements, or grading of assessments prior to the end of the course
  • Disability-related issues

With few exceptions, students should first attempt to resolve difficulties informally by bringing those concerns directly to the person responsible for the action, to their student success counselor, the department head, or the immediate supervisor. If the problem cannot be resolved informally, the student may file a formal grievance using the grievance form.

Students whose concerns are not satisfactorily resolved have the option of filing a formal grievance with the Grievance Committee. A Grievance Form must be received, in writing, within two weeks of the date the informal grievance process ends. The grievance complaint must include a concise statement of the allegations that form the basis for the student's complaint, including a statement of the facts, any relevant evidence, the rule, regulation, policy or practice that was violated, a summary of the informal attempts at resolution, and a suggested remedy. 

The Grievance Committee will review the grievance and communicate their decision to all parties involved within one week. Grievance Committee decisions may be appealed by the student if there is evidence that a significant impropriety in the review process occurred. The appeal must be in writing, must specifically detail the alleged procedural impropriety, and must be filed in the Office of the Provost within two weeks of the receipt date of the Grievance Committee's decision. The Provost shall review the appeal and the Grievance Committee records and issue a decision within twenty-one days. The Provost’s decision is final.

CDHE Complaint Policy

Students who have not reached a satisfactory resolution upon completion of the institutional grievance process may file a complaint with the Colorado Department of Higher Education (CDHE) as stated in the Colorado Student Bill of Rights (CRS 21-1-1235). Students must exhaust all opportunities for resolution at the institutional level prior to filing a complaint or grievance with the CDHE. Additional information about the process and requirements is available here

Students who reside in other states may also file complaints to their appropriate state agency. The following states and territories have reciprocity with Colorado:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
States and territories not participating in reciprocity: California residents can file complaints through the California Department of Consumer Affairs online at or call toll-free 833-942-1120.

Students may also contact the regional accreditor, the Higher Learning Commission:

230 South LaSalle Street 
Suite 7-500 
Chicago, IL 60604