Become a Champion of Information Security with an Online Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity
Getting your Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity from CSU Global will allow you to become the expert organizations turn to for help protecting digital assets and network security.
Having earned your accredited B.S. Degree in Cybersecurity, you’ll be fully qualified and completely prepared to protect digital assets in a variety of settings, across any industry, ensuring that increasingly sophisticated cyber threats are unable to access the sensitive digital information you’re responsible for safeguarding.
Unlike many competing programs, CSU Global’s Cybersecurity Bachelor’s Program doesn't require the previous technical experience.
Completing your online Cybersecurity Bachelor’s Degree with CSU Global will prepare you to bring value to any organization, ensuring that you are ready to lead a team that protects valuable digital assets and sensitive information.
A Cybersecurity degree will provide you with a working knowledge of core industry elements, such as computer networking and programming, as well as how to safeguard organizational assets with cutting-edge technical solutions.
You’ll learn the skills you need to become a valued expert, including how to protect data and information from cyber threats, differentiate between security models, evaluate network vulnerabilities, and understand the ethical and legal issues surrounding information security.
A CSU Global Bachelor’s Degree in Cybersecurity can contribute to your overall career advancement. Organizations of all types – private, public, nonprofit, and beyond – are actively seeking passionate, qualified cybersecurity professionals.
Courses in this Program
CSU Global’s Cybersecurity Bachelor’s Degree requires the completion of 120 total credits, including a mix of core degree courses, general education courses, elective courses, and optional degree specializations and certificates.
View Course Catalog
CSU Global’s General Education Courses are more than a bachelor’s degree requirement. They are designed to help you develop and strengthen valuable skills demanded in the workplace.
Already taken some courses? Up to 90 total credits (and 64 from community colleges) can be transferred into a bachelor’s degree at CSU Global. Request a Transcript Evaluation Summary to see how close you already are to graduation!
ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
ITS310 - Introduction to Computer-Based Systems (Personal Computing)
ITS315 - Introduction to Networks
ITS350 - Information Systems and Security
ITS360 - Introduction to Cyber Security and Digital Crime
ITS405 - Intermediate Networking
ITS411 - Principles of Database Security
ITS415 - Principles of Cyber Security
ITS425 - Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing
ITS446 - Securing Virtual and Cloud Systems
ITS455 - Digital Forensics and Investigations
ITS460 - Information Security Legal and Ethical Issues
ITS462 - Introduction to IT Auditing
When you earn your bachelor’s degree in Cybersecurity through CSU Global, you can choose to customize it with an undergraduate specialization in a subject that matches your professional goals or personal interests.
Most Popular Specializations:
- Organizational Leadership
- Project Management
- Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Emergency Management
- Healthcare Management
Additional Available Specializations for this Program:
- Applied Social Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics
- Business Administration
- Computer Programming
- Criminal Forensics
- Criminal Justice Management
- Data Management and Analysis
- Digital Marketing
- Foundations of Accounting
- Healthcare Communication
- Intelligence and Homeland Security
- Operations Management and Supervision
- Public and Non-Profit Management
- Public Relations
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Web Application Development
The remainder of your degree is comprised of courses of your choice that support your educational goals and needs. Including a specialization reduces the number of elective credits you'll need to complete your bachelor's degree.
Whether you already have some experience in cybersecurity and simply need a degree or credential to take the next step in your career, or you have no prior experience, our online B.S. Degree in Cybersecurity is designed to train you to pursue a successful career in the industry.
As a student in our program, you’ll explore important topics like applying security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of cyber risks and threats, which will allow you to help organizations protect their sensitive digital assets.
CSU Global’s Bachelor’s of Science in Cybersecurity program will help you build a foundation of competencies across a wide range of cybersecurity skills by teaching you how to:
- Analyze a complex computing problem and apply principles of computing and other relevant disciplines to identify solutions.
- Design, implement, and evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the program’s discipline.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of professional contexts.
- Recognize professional responsibilities and make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles.
- Function effectively as a member or leader of a team engaged in activities appropriate to the program’s discipline.
- Apply security principles and practices to maintain operations in the presence of risks and threats.
According to Forbes.com, the average cost incurred by a U.S. company that suffers a data breach stands at $8.19 million, but that drops to $2.6 million for organizations that have implemented fully automated cybersecurity defenses. Implementing these tactics will require a skilled cybersecurity workforce – one you can be an integral part of after completing your B.S. in Cybersecurity from CSU Global.
As a not-for-profit public university, our goal at CSU Global is to make your online tuition cost as affordable as possible. We offer low-cost online degree tuition rates without taking anything away from the quality of the education you receive.
We also lock in that low tuition rate with our tuition guarantee, and we provide additional discounted tuition rates for members of the armed forces and employees of our corporate affiliate partners.
Learn more about CSU Global tuition rates, and explore financial aid options available that can help cover the cost of your education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Cybersecurity is an incredibly important sector of the modern economy, especially because of the rapid growth in both the volume and sophistication of cyber threats against sensitive data.
Virtually every modern organization faces cybersecurity attacks on a regular basis, making cybersecurity experts critical members of any organization looking to safeguard their digital assets with cutting-edge technical solutions.
To be successful in the field, you’ll need to be capable of demonstrating core industry elements, such as computer networking and programming, protecting data and information from cyber threats, differentiating between security models, evaluating network vulnerabilities, and understanding the ethical and legal issues surrounding information security.
There are all sorts of interesting, exciting, and rewarding career opportunities in cybersecurity, especially for people with skills in network security, cybersecurity management, or operations, and who can effectively protect sensitive digital assets against sophisticated cybersecurity attacks.
Whether you’ve already got experience in the field or you’re looking to start a career from scratch, getting your bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity could help set you up for lifelong success in the industry.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, demand for Information Security Analysts is projected to grow 35% by 2031, which is much faster than the rate of growth for all occupations, making it an excellent time to enter the field.
BLS explains that increasing employment for cybersecurity professionals will be driven by the need to create innovative solutions to prevent hackers from stealing critical, sensitive information, or causing problems for computer networks.
If you’re interested in security procedures, computers, computer networks, and data protection systems, then you may be perfectly suited to pursue a career in this exciting and growing field.
The heart of this job is protection, and your core responsibility will be ensuring that sensitive data and computer networks are not compromised by cyber threats and attacks.
Cybersecurity professionals may end up working in several different areas of the industry, however, as there are a whole host of niche job options available to people with cybersecurity skills and abilities.
Because there are so many different roles available to cybersecurity professionals, it’s difficult to specify precisely what any given professional would be responsible for doing on a daily basis, but some typical responsibilities across different positions in the field include:
- Protecting data and information from cyber threats.
- Evaluating network vulnerabilities.
- Differentiating between various security models.
- Understanding ethical and legal issues around information security.
Depending on what specific role you choose to pursue, your work functions and duties may be similar, or significantly different from the list above.
The great thing about getting into the cybersecurity industry is that you’ll have lots of different options for potential jobs to pursue, so you should be able to find a compelling and rewarding position in the field that you don’t just excel at, but also enjoy.
Our online Cybersecurity program will provide you with the skills and abilities that could serve as an important foundation for an exciting career working at a public or private-sector organization, law enforcement agency, the military, or another related field.
The courses you take as part of our online Bachelor’s in Cybersecurity will give you a deep understanding of the industry, the increasingly complex threats that organizations face in our technology-driven society, and cybersecurity best practices for protecting sensitive data against bad actors.
Specific learning outcomes for this program include building the skills and knowledge required to:
- Protect data and information from cyber threats.
- Differentiate between various informal security models.
- Evaluate network vulnerabilities.
- Understand the ethical and legal issues surrounding information security.
CSU Global’s Cybersecurity Bachelor’s program prepares alumni to become valued members of cybersecurity teams by providing them with a strong foundation of competencies in a range of related skills, including:
- Learning how to protect data and information from a whole host of modern, sophisticated cyber threats.
- Developing a detailed understanding and capabilities for the process of evaluating network vulnerabilities.
- Differentiating between various security models to identify the most relevant, most effective model for any particular need.
- Understanding the complex ethical and legal issues around information security.
Our online B.S. in Cybersecurity introduces students to the theories and practices of modern cybersecurity operations, helping them to develop a complex understanding of the needs of the industry and setting them up for success in pursuing roles like:
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Software developer/engineer
- Cybersecurity consultant
- Vulnerability analyst/penetration tester
- Cybersecurity manager/administrator
- Network engineer/architect
- Systems engineer
- Senior software developer
- Systems administrator
With the detailed understanding our program provides for cybersecurity industry operations, our graduates emerge from their bachelor’s program fully prepared to provide value to any organization from day one.
Yes. While it may take hard work and dedication to complete your B.S. in cybersecurity, CSU Global’s 100% online program is one of the best ways to prepare for a career in the field.
Earning your bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity can contribute to your overall career advancement, preparing you for employment in some of the industry's top roles, like:
- Information Security Analyst / 2021 Median Pay: $102,600
- Cyber Operations Specialist / 2023 Median Pay: $89,313
- Privacy Officer / 2023 Median Pay: $99,734
- Digital Forensics Analyst / 2023 Median Pay: $88,079
- Security Administrator / 2023 Median Pay: $91,361
According to Varonis, a leading cybersecurity company, cybersecurity professionals need to develop a series of important skills, including:
- Attention to detail.
- Creative and technical problem-solving.
- Clear communication.
- Curiosity to seek new skills and information.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and a team-oriented mindset.
- Ability to remain calm even when facing a significant threat.
- Explaining technical topics to non-technical audiences.
- Fundamentals of computer science.
- Specializing in a subfield to become an expert at a specific process/niche.
- Knowing at least one programming or scripting language.
- Being familiar with the various modern attack tools and techniques.
- Tracking complex engagements and managing multiple pieces of evidence.
- Information management, and ability to make decisions on high-risk concerns.
Earning your bachelor’s degree in cybersecurity online from CSU Global will ensure that you receive training and develop skills related to these important job functions, allowing you to help protect organizations from the security threats they face.
It really is worth getting a bachelor’s in cybersecurity, because the skills, knowledge, and abilities you develop will set you up to pursue lifelong success in the industry.
CSU Global is one of the best online colleges for cybersecurity, and you should consider studying with us because:
- Our B.S. in Cybersecurity program earned a #1 ranking for Best Online Bachelor's in Information Systems Security Degrees 2021 from CyberDegrees.org.
- Bankovia named CSU Global’s B.S. in Cybersecurity to its list of Best Online Colleges for Cyber Security.
- Our online cybersecurity program is nationally and professionally recognized as well as accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- Our program curriculum will allow you to gain competence in the areas associated with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) exam, along with preparing you for other common certification exams required by cybersecurity jobs.
We also recently earned several prestigious awards, including:
- A #1 ranking for Best Online Colleges & Schools in Colorado from Best Accredited Colleges.
- A #1 ranking for Best Online Colleges in Colorado from Best Colleges.
- A #10 ranking for Best Online Colleges for ROI from OnlineU.
Professional Certification Alignment
This program aligns with many of the professional certification exams employers demand, such as Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP), Certified Encryption Specialist (EC-Council ECES), Certified Incident Handler (EC-Council ECIH), CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Project+, and other relevant Certifications. Students will gain competence in the areas associated with the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (ISC-CISSP) exam.
$102k+ Median Salary
According to the BLS, the average annual salary for information security analysts in 2021 was over $102k.
Employment of information security analysts is projected to grow 35 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Common Job Titles
Some job titles commonly held by those who work in cybersecurity include: Security Analyst, Cyber Operations Specialist, Data Privacy Officer, Digital Forensics Analyst, and Security Administrator.
Program Accreditations and Rankings
CSU Global is proud to offer affordable, reputable programs that have received recognition for their quality, value, and more. Click here to learn more about our rankings and acknowledgements.
Best Online Bachelor's Degrees
U.S. News & World Report ranks CSU Global among the Top Online Bachelor's Programs for 2023.
Best Online Bachelor’s in Information Systems Security Degrees
CyberDegrees.com ranks CSU Global #1 in the 15 Best Bachelor’s in Information Systems Security Degrees 2021.
Best Online Cybersecurity Degree Programs
Intelligent.com ranks CSU Global #10 in their list of Best Online Cybersecurity Degree Programs of 2022.
Want To Know More?
Ready to learn more about how to move forward with CSU Global? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions and help you get started.
Getting an IT/cybersecurity education online with CSU Global has meant being able to balance full-time work and school, and being able to graduate debt free!B.S. Cybersecurity, Class of 2019
Staying Ahead of Cybercrime
Let's Get Started Together
You don't even have to fill out your application alone. Our Enrollment Counselors are standing by to help if you need us.