Get Your Resume Noticed with a GAC-Accredited Online Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management
CSU Global's Project Management degree program is accredited by the Global Accreditation Center (GAC) for Project Management Education Programs, which means that our alumni are granted substantial credit toward the experience requirement when they apply for any PMI certification.
Earning your online degree in Project Management from CSU Global will give you a leg up on the competition by proving your worth as a valuable asset to any organization. If you’re the type of person who enjoys working with others, managing the scope, time, costs, and required resources for large projects, then you may be perfectly suited to develop a successful career in the field of project management.
This profession requires well-honed planning and management skills, since it's the project manager who is responsible for delivering successful results on track, on time, and under budget.
CSU Global’s online Bachelor of Science in Project Management will prepare you to assume command of large-scale, organizational projects, train you to provide direction to the project team, oversee project selection, monitor resource levels and skills, and create a total organization perspective that goes beyond silo thinking.
Mission Statement - Bachelor of Science in Project Management
The Bachelor of Science in Project Management program prepares students for success as project management practitioners within our 21st century’s global, technology-rich, and multicultural economy. This academically accredited and rigorous learning experience is facilitated in an internet-based, technology-enabled, yet personally-interactive environment. Students develop relevant competencies based on the practical application of accepted project management best practices, which prepares them for professional project management leadership. Students are empowered to apply knowledge of the project management discipline to initiate, plan, execute, monitor and control, and close complex projects.
The Bachelor of Science in Project Management provides students with the opportunity to analyze and apply theories and concepts associated with temporary endeavors undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. Learners will focus on contracts, asset procurement, risk, project planning, scheduling, monitoring, control, and earned value methods in addition to examining the costs and benefits of total quality management. Students will also learn to apply the soft skills associated with leadership, communication, and team building as they relate to the project management knowledge areas.
Courses in this Program
CSU Global’s Project Management Bachelor’s Degree requires the completion of 120 total credits, including a mix of core degree courses, general education courses, elective courses, and optional degree specializations and certificates.
CSU Global's General Education Courses are more than a bachelor's degree requirement. They are designed to help you develop and strengthen valuable skills demanded in the workplace.
Already taken some courses? Up to 90 total credits (and 64 from community colleges) can be transferred into a bachelor's degree at CSU Global. Request a Transcript Evaluation Summary to see how close you already are to graduation!
ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
MGT300 - Principles of Management
OPS400 - Fundamentals of Operations Management
PJM310 - Introduction to Project Management
PJM330 - Effective Project Scheduling and Control
PJM380 - Project Management Tools
PJM400 - Project Procurement and Contract Management
PJM410 - Assessing and Managing Risk
PJM440 - Project Quality Management
PJM405 - Fundamentals of Agile Methodologies
When you earn your bachelor’s degree through CSU Global, you can choose to customize it with an undergraduate specialization in a subject that matches your professional goals or personal interests.
Most Popular Specializations:
- Organizational Leadership
- Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Emergency Management
- Healthcare Management
- Foundations of Accounting
Additional Available Specializations for this Program:
- Applied Social Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Robotics
- Business Administration
- Computer Programming
- Construction Management
- Criminal Forensics
- Criminal Justice Management
- Data Management and Analysis
- Digital Marketing
- Healthcare Communication
- Information Technology Management
- Information Technology Operations
- Intelligence and Homeland Security
- Operations Management and Supervision
- Public and Non-Profit Management
- Public Relations
- Web Application Development
The remainder of your degree is comprised of courses of your choice that support your educational goals and needs. Including a specialization reduces the number of elective credits you'll need to complete your bachelor's degree.
In CSU Global’s online Project Management Degree program, you will develop and demonstrate a range of well-honed skills for quality project management. From theory application and research, to management and decision-making, the learning outcomes you gain will give you a competitive advantage in the field.
Here are the list of program learning outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of management and leadership theories in the areas of project, program and portfolio management.
- Apply effective communication, technology, and research skills.
- Examine tools and techniques of initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, and closing projects.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills for effective analysis and decision making.
- Demonstrate well-honed skills in project quality management.
- Analyze the implications of diversity/culture and managing projects in an international setting.
Whether you already have experience in the industry and simply lack the degree needed to advance in your role, or you have no prior experience in the field, our B.S. in Project Management program is designed to train you for a successful career as a project manager.
CSU Global’s project management program teaches students to plan for success, while also preparing to overcome unexpected hurdles, ensuring they’re able to deliver projects on track, on time, and on budget.
Graduating from our online project management degree ensures you’ll be prepared to handle the skills required of professional project managers, including:
- Overseeing project selection.
- Monitoring aggregate resource levels and skills.
- Encouraging use of best practices.
- Balancing projects in order to represent a risk level appropriate to the organization.
- Improving communication among all stakeholders.
- Creating a total organizational perspective that goes beyond silo thinking.
As a student in our project management degree program, you will develop theoretical application knowledge, as well as the soft skills associated with leadership in project management. Coursework will focus on the following career-driven topics that real-world project managers deal with regularly in the field, including:
- Asset procurement
- Project planning
- Earned value methods
- Project quality management
You will also learn to utilize the personal traits you possess that draw you to project management; leadership, communication, and team building as they relate to the project management knowledge areas.
As a not-for-profit public university, our goal at CSU Global is to make your online tuition cost as affordable as possible. We offer low-cost online degree tuition rates without taking anything away from the quality of the education you receive. We also lock in that low tuition rate with our tuition guarantee, and we provide additional discounted tuition rates for members of the armed forces and employees of our corporate affiliate partners.
Learn more about CSU Global tuition rates, and explore financial aid options available that can help cover the cost of your education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Project Management is the process that helps organizations keep projects on track, on time, and on budget. Project managers are responsible for managing limited resources and planning for unexpected hurdles, ensuring that the pace of work continues even in the face of unforeseen problems.
Every organization needs individuals who can guide projects to deliver successful results, and that’s exactly what project managers are tasked with. Demand for project managers is likely to remain strong in future years, stimulated by several factors, including:
- The need for implementing infrastructure projects
- Technological advancement and the need for product development in a relatively short amount of time
- Widespread adoption of the triple bottom line philosophy (i.e. planet, people, prosperity)
- Large-scale initiatives to resolve organizational problems
Typical daily duties for project managers include:
- Marshalling resources required to successfully complete a project on track, on time, and on budget.
- Linking directly to the customer interface.
- Providing direction, coordination, and integration to the team members involved in the project.
- Being fully responsible for the performance and success of the projects they oversee.
- Coordinating assets to ensure the right people are getting involved at the right time on the right issues so that the right decisions can be made to ensure project success.
Project managers also serve a larger organizational role as well, with responsibilities commonly including:
- Overseeing project selection.
- Monitoring aggregate resource levels and skills of organizational assets.
- Encouraging the use of best practices.
- Balancing projects in order to manage organizational risk.
- Improving communications across all stakeholders.
- Creating a total organization perspective that goes beyond silo thinking.
If you enjoy planning, organizing, scheduling, working with people and serving in leadership positions, then you may be well-suited for success as a professional project manager.
The most straightforward way to develop your skills and experience in project management is to enroll in a degree program and study the skills and knowledge required in an academic environment.
CSU Global’s online Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management will give you the opportunity to analyze and apply project management theories and concepts, particularly those associated with organizations that have limited time and resources.
Our program alumni gain a solid understanding of contracts, asset procurement, risk, project control, monitoring, and earned value methods, in addition to examining the costs and benefits of Total Quality Management. Students will also learn to apply the soft skills associated with leadership, communication, and team building.
Completing your B.S. in Project Management ensures that you’ll be well-prepared to assume the responsibilities required of professional project managers, including:
- Analyzing project records to effectively monitor and control all elements of an organizational project.
- Helping to make crucial staffing decisions, ensuring each project has the resources it needs.
- Developing detailed project plans and managing budgets.
- Making effective resource management decisions, ensuring projects are completed on time and under budget.
As a project manager, you’ll be asked to deliver successful results by managing temporary, non-repetitive activities.
If you’re interested in overcoming challenges and want to help business stay on track, on time, and on budget, then this may be an excellent career option.
CSU Global’s Online Project Management Courses will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to serve as an effective, skilled project manager.
According to the Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, some commonly held project management job titles and salaries include:
- Project Management Specialist / 2019 Median Pay: $92,221
- Project Manager III / 2019 Median Pay: $115,000
- Project Management Consultant / 2019 Median Pay: $120,000
Yes! While it may take hard work and dedication to complete your bachelor’s degree in project management, this is an excellent industry to get into and CSU Global’s 100% online Project management Program is one of the best ways to enter the field.
Why should you consider studying with us?
- Our project management program is GAC-accredited, PMI-aligned, and regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- 98% of our project management bachelor’s degree program report working in the field of project management after completing their degree.
- Alumni from our project management program report an estimated annual starting salary of $84,235.
- The top three reported job titles for graduates from our project management program are Project Manager, Program Manager, and Operations Manager.
CSU Global is one of the best online project management schools, having recently earned several awards, including:
- A #1 ranking for Top 25 Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Project Management from Top Management Degrees.
- A #5 ranking for Best Online Bachelor’s in Project Management Programs from The Best Schools.
- A “Gold School” of Distinction award from Best Colleges, making us one of only 15 schools to receive gold rankings, out of more than 2,000 online degree programs.
PMI Aligned for PMP Certification
Our degree in Project Management is aligned with PMI’s Body of Knowledge and uses the PMBOK Guide as one of the key references in our project management course
98% of Alumni Working In Their Field
Alumni from CSU Global’s online Project Management program report extremely high rates of working in the field.
$84k+ Starting Salary
Alumni from CSU Global’s Bachelor of Science program in Project Management report an estimated annual starting salary above $84k.
Program Accreditations and Rankings
CSU Global is proud to offer affordable, reputable programs that have received recognition for their quality, value, and more. Click here to learn more about our rankings and acknowledgments.
CSU Global project management curriculum is aligned with the Project Management Institute (PMI), the world's leading project management organization.
The GAC Accredited Program seal is a mark of the Project Management Institute (PMI). CSU Global's B.S. in Project Management is accredited by the Project Management Institute's Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC), the world's leading specialized accrediting body for project management.
Best Online Bachelor's Programs
U.S. News & World Report ranks CSU Global among the Top Online Bachelor's Programs for 2023.
Top Online Bachelor's Degree in Project Management
Top Management Degrees ranked CSU Global #1 in their Top 25 Online Bachelor's Degrees in Project Management list.
Want To Know More?
Ready to learn more about how to move forward with CSU Global? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions and help you get started.
Regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) means your degree comes from a top-quality, trusted university.
I was able to apply what I learned at CSU Global directly to my job. It broadened my skill set and made me a more effective Project Manager, [and] the flexibility allowed me to spend time with my family and dedicate myself to my full time job while earning my degree.B.S. Project Management Alumni
CSU Global Bachelor's in Project Management: 2 Minute Overview
Let's Get Started Together
You don't even have to fill out your application alone. Our Enrollment Counselors are standing by to help if you need us.