Drive Growth and Risk Management Through Modern Financial Principles
With a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, you’ll develop the financial and analytical skills necessary to meet the challenges of this exciting field. Become an expert in personal finance, or the one employers turn to for financial statement analysis, risk management, and regulatory compliance. Some specific job responsibilities might include the following:
- Develop and nurture relationships with organizations or individual clients.
- Calculate debt repayment schedules and manage risk.
- Apply legislative, regulatory, and industry principles to financial scenarios.
- Implement cash management strategies
Learn how to solve complex business problems with innovative financial solutions, take your career further, open doors for career advancement, and find your perfect professional fit in the industry you’re passionate about. The CSU Global Bachelor’s Degree in Finance can be the catalyst that launches you into a fulfilling career in the financial sector. This program is designed to prepare you for the challenging roles of today’s individual investors and global organizations.
The B.S. in Finance allows students to choose an emphasis for their studies - either Corporate Finance or Financial Planning.
Emphasis in Corporate Finance: The emphasis in Corporate Finance will prepare you to serve as a corporate financial analyst or other positions within corporate finance. Topics will include working capital, risk management, and corporate finance, and will involve mathematical equations and industry software tools.
Emphasis in Financial Planning: The emphasis in Financial Planning is aligned to the Certified Financial Planner designation, and will help prepare you for the CFP entrance exam. Other topics include financial and retirement planning, insurance, and personal income tax planning.
Courses in this Program
CSU Global’s Bachelor’s of Science in Accounting program requires the completion of 120 total credits, including a mix of Core Degree Courses in Finance, General Education Courses, Elective Courses, and Area of Emphasis Courses.
CSU Global’s General Education Courses are more than a bachelor’s degree requirement. They are designed to help you develop and strengthen valuable skills demanded in the workplace.
Already taken some courses? Up to 90 total credits (and 64 from community colleges) can be transferred into a bachelor’s degree at CSU Global. Request a Transcript Evaluation Summary to see how close you already are to graduation!
ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
MTH410 - Quantitative Business Analysis
COM420 - Strategic Communication of Data Analysis
FIN400 - Analyzing Financial Statements
FIN310 - Financial Analytics and Modeling
FIN440 - Financial Strategy and Forecasting
The emphasis in corporate finance will prepare students to serve as corporate financial analysts and careers in corporate finance. Topics will include principles of corporate finance, working capital, risk management, and corporate finance, and will involve mathematical equations and the use of industry software tools.
- Apply principles of corporate financial management including the interpretation of accounts, corporate governance, investment strategies and issues of risk and return.
- Evaluate the link between financial decisions, attitudes toward risk, and corporate value through application of financial theory and techniques.
- Develop a framework for valuation including the valuation of stocks and bonds, evaluation of investment opportunities, and firm valuation.
- Examine a company's cost of capital and sources of external funding for company operations.
Courses in this emphasis include:
- FIN330: Corporate Finance
- FIN375: Working Capital Management
- FIN332: Risk Management and Analysis
- FIN333: Corporate Valuation
CSU Global Bachelor’s Finance with a Financial Planning emphasis has been approved by the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board). This program includes coursework to prepare students for the CFP entrance exam and a successful transition into the career of a financial planner. Topics include financial planning, insurance and retirements planning, and personal income tax planning.
- Explain regulations, requirements, standards and protections for professional conduct in financial planning.
- Create a financial plan incorporating financial planning concepts, strategies, tools, and principles.
- Explain and recommend appropriate insurance options based on client needs analysis.
- Describe investment principles and strategies to assist client in portfolio development.
- Discuss education planning and financing principles.
- Analyze personal tax implications, consequences, and management techniques.
- Develop retirement savings and income plan that includes estate planning.
Courses in this emphasis include:
- FIN320: Introduction to Insurance and Investment Planning
- FIN321: Retirement and Real Estate Planning
- FIN322: Personal Income Tax Planning
- FIN323: Developing the Financial Plan
The remainder of your online finance degree is comprised of courses of your choice that support your educational goals and needs. Including a specialization reduces the number of elective credits you'll need to complete your bachelor's degree.
In this online bachelor’s degree program, you’ll learn the foundations of financial management at the enterprise level. You’ll gain insight into a range of perspectives on fiscal decision-making, as well as how to tackle important operational and analytical projects. Additionally, you’ll learn how to apply the latest technology and emerging business trends to shape financial strategies, risks, and investments.
This program also provides the opportunity to choose an emphasis for your studies. Select from Corporate Finance or Financial Planning. The emphasis in Corporate Finance will prepare students to serve as corporate financial analysts and careers in corporate finance, while Financial Planning includes coursework to prepare for the CFP entrance exam and successful transition into the career of a financial planner. As a student in the online B.S. in Finance program, you will develop a strong understanding of the factors that influence financial decision-making, as well as the critical-thinking strategies necessary for in-depth financial problem solving.
Other learning outcomes include how to:
- Apply terminology, theories, concepts, practices and skills specific to the field of finance.
- Apply financial principles to practical business and personal finance situations.
- Perform financial analysis using quantitative concepts and techniques.
- Interpret financial statements and ratios.
- Examine investment and financial risk.
- Apply legislation, regulations, and principles of practice to financial scenarios.
- Communicate professionally through writing and presentations.
As a not-for-profit public university, our goal at CSU Global is to make your online tuition cost as affordable as possible. We offer low-cost online degree tuition rates without taking anything away from the quality of the education you receive. We also lock in that low tuition rate with our tuition guarantee, and we provide additional discounted tuition rates for members of the armed forces and employees of our corporate affiliate partners.
Learn more about CSU Global tuition rates, and explore financial aid options available that can help cover the cost of your education.
$131k+ Median Salary
According to the BLS, the average annual salary for Financial Managers in 2021 was well over $131k.
17% Job Growth
Employment of Financial Managers is projected to grow 17 percent from 2021 to 2031, much faster than the average for all occupations.
Common Job Titles
Some job titles commonly held in the field of finance include Financial Manager or Analyst, Personal Financial Adviser, and Securities, Commodities and Financial Services Sales Agents.
Program Accreditations and Rankings
CSU Global is proud to offer affordable, reputable programs that have received recognition for their quality, value, and more. Click here to learn more about our rankings and acknowledgements.
Best Online Bachelor's Programs
U.S. News & World Report ranks CSU Global among the Top Online Bachelor's Programs for 2023.
#1 Best Online Finance Degree Programs of 2022
Intelligent.com ranked CSU Global #1 in their list of the best Online Finance Degree programs, based on our reputation, course strength, cost and flexibility.
Gold School of Distinction
In Best College's School of Distinction standings, CSU Global earns one of only 15 gold rankings, out of more than 2,000 online degree programs.
Want To Know More?
Ready to learn more about how to move forward with CSU Global? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions and help you get started.
Regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) means your degree comes from a top-quality, trusted university.
“[CSU Global] allowed me to stay home with my newborn daughter and then come back to the workforce with a Bachelor's degree, so there was no gap.”B.S. Finance, Class of 2021
Hear it From the Students
Let's Get Started Together
You don't even have to fill out your application alone. Our Enrollment Counselors are standing by to help if you need us.