Rise to the Top as an Effective Leader by Getting Your Online Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership
With an Organizational Leadership Degree from CSU Global, you’ll be qualified and prepared to work at any organization in nearly any industry.
Our program will hone your people skills so you can serve as an effective leader in the modern economy.
The CSU Global Organizational Leadership Bachelor's Degree program explores the various aspects of effective leadership, including communication skills, organizational structure and design, legal issues, organizational behavior, team dynamics, forward-thinking change leadership, conflict resolution, and employee morale, making it an excellent fit for anyone who wants to spend their time at work leading a team of effective employees.
You'll be prepared to succeed in modern leadership jobs, with the skills and abilities needed to enhance your value in the job market.
Courses in This Program
CSU Global’s Organizational Leadership Bachelor’s Degree requires the completion of 120 total credits, including a mix of core degree courses, general education courses, elective courses, and optional degree specializations and certificates.
CSU Global’s General Education Courses are more than a bachelor’s degree requirement. They are designed to help you develop and strengthen valuable skills demanded in the workplace.
Already taken some courses? Up to 90 total credits (and 64 from community colleges) can be transferred into a bachelor’s degree at CSU Global. Request a Transcript Evaluation Summary to see how close you already are to graduation!
ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
ORG301 - Leading Organizational Behavior
ORG429 - Ethics and Law in Organizations
ORG400 - Leading Teams in Organizations
ORG430 - Vision and Transformation: Leading Forward
ORG420 - Leading Organizational Change
ORG405 - Principles and Practices of Effective Leadership
ORG423 - Communication Strategies for Leaders
ORG470 - Leading Through Conflict Resolution
When you earn your bachelor’s degree through CSU Global, you can choose to customize it with an undergraduate specialization in a subject that matches your professional goals or personal interests.
Most Popular Specializations:
- Project Management
- Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Emergency Management
- Healthcare Management
- Foundations of Accounting
Additional Available Specializations for this Program:
- Applied Social Sciences
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- Criminal Forensics
- Criminal Justice Management
- Data Management and Analysis
- Digital Marketing
- Healthcare Communication
- Information Technology Management
- Information Technology Operations
- Intelligence and Homeland Security
- Operations Management and Supervision
- Public and Non-Profit Management
- Public Relations
- Web Application Development
The remainder of your degree is comprised of courses of your choice that support your educational goals and needs. Including a specialization reduces the number of elective credits you'll need to complete your bachelor's degree.
Whether you already have experience in leadership and simply lack the degree needed to advance in your role, or you have no prior experience in management, our B.S. Degree in Organizational Leadership is designed to train you for a successful career in leadership roles.
CSU Global’s Bachelor’s Of Science In Organizational Leadership is an excellent fit for anyone looking to:
- Advance your career in your organization, lead your own company, or further your professional development.
- Learn practical skills needed to guide teams to success.
- Play a crucial role at your current organization, or at your next one.
- Lead organizations, including teams, staff, and resources.
- Develop critical-thinking skills for analysis in strategic planning and innovation.
Our online Organizational Leadership program is designed to provide employees with the foundational skills and abilities needed to become effective leaders.
Specific learning outcomes include the following:
- Demonstrating the application of effective communication and research skills.
- Applying proficient leadership skills to strategic organizational development and change.
- Examining ethical behaviors and outcomes of decisions within organizations and the possible impact to society.
- Practicing critical thinking skills for competent analysis and decision-making.
- Evaluating leadership in a diverse professional setting.
- Planning to lead through new technologies and a global mindset.
CSU Global’s online Organizational Leadership courses will build your understanding of important leadership activities, including:
- Basic leadership functions.
- Organizational behavior.
- Organizational design and structure.
- Conflict resolution.
- Leadership communication skills.
- Policy development.
- Strategic decision-making.
- Ethical and Legal issues.
- Organizational forecasting and leading change.
As a not-for-profit public university, our goal at CSU Global is to make your online tuition cost as affordable as possible. We offer low-cost online degree tuition rates without taking anything away from the quality of the education you receive. We also lock in that low tuition rate with our tuition guarantee, and we provide additional discounted tuition rates for members of the armed forces and employees of our corporate affiliate partners.
Learn more about CSU Global tuition rates, and explore financial aid options available that can help cover the cost of your education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Organizational Leadership explores different leadership qualities, aspects, and roles to help students learn how to become more effective and efficient organizational leaders.
CSU Global’s Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership program trains students to improve their:
- Communication skills.
- Understanding of organizational structure and design.
- Comprehension of organizational ethics and legal issues.
- Ability to lead organizational behavior.
- Capabilities for reviewing and optimizing team dynamics.
- Skills in strategic decision-making.
- Conflict resolution skills and leading change.
- People skills.
- Ability to enhance employee morale.
If you’re looking to serve in a leadership or director capacity, then studying organizational leadership may be the perfect option for advancing your career.
Organizational leadership is important because every organization needs leaders capable of assuming command, setting strategic objectives, and determining how to reach the organization’s goals in an effective, efficient manner.
Organizational leaders are found in every industry and at every organization, including private companies, public corporations, nonprofits, and state and federal government agencies.
Organizations looking to improve their performance are likely to turn to well-trained organizational leaders for assistance, making this an excellent field for anyone who likes leading, working with people, designing strategies, and implementing new processes and procedures.
Simply put, organizational leaders often make a major difference wherever they work, so if you’re looking to have a large, positive impact wherever you work, then this could be the perfect field of study for you.
Organizational Leaders are tasked with a series of important roles vital to the organizations they serve, including:
- Making important decisions that impact the entire organization, from implementing new programs to altering existing processes, or determining the direction and/or scope of future organizational changes.
- Increasing organizational efficiencies by enhancing profit margins, reducing costs, altering business procedures, marketing strategies, production processes or making other important changes to the way the organization operates.
- Working with HR Managers to establish training guidelines and policies for new employees, new positions or new services, and/or updating training procedures for existing personnel.
- Guiding organizational capacity by evaluating business research and potential technological or organizational innovations, allowing the organization to more effectively utilize personnel, resources and capital.
At any organization and across every industry, it’s the organizational leader calling the shots, making decisions, and guiding the growth and success of the entities that they lead.
CSU Global’s Organizational Leadership Bachelor’s program alumni are well-prepared to assume the following responsibilities:
- Planning, implementing, and directing both people and organizational processes.
- Helping make important decisions around staffing and resource allocation.
- Spearheading organizational training and development.
- Overseeing communications and conflict management.
Earning your Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Leadership will enhance your people skills and leadership abilities, improving your marketability for relevant roles in any industry.
Several common job titles for professional organizational leaders include:
- Training and Development Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- Operations Specialties Manager
- Compensation and Benefits Specialist
- Military Officer
9.54% Pay Increase
Alumni from CSU Global’s online degree in organizational leadership report receiving an average pay increase of nearly 10% one year after earning their degree.
$99k+ Median Salary
According to the BLS, the average annual salary for Administrative Service Managers in 2021 was above $99k.
Top Job Titles
Top job titles reported by alumni from CSU Global’s Bachelor’s program in Organizational Leadership are Training and Development Specialist and Administrative Services Manager.
Program Accreditations and Rankings
CSU Global is proud to offer affordable, reputable programs that have received recognition for their quality, value, and more. Click here to learn more about our rankings and acknowledgments.
CSU Global project management curriculum is aligned with the Project Management Institute (PMI), the world's leading project management organization.
Best Online Bachelor's Degree Programs
U.S. News & World Report ranks CSU Global among the Top Online Bachelor's Programs for 2023.
Best Online Colleges for ROI
OnlineU ranks CSU Global #10 for Best Online Colleges and Degrees for ROI in 2021.
Want To Know More?
Ready to learn more about how to move forward with CSU Global? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions and help you get started.
Regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) means your degree comes from a top-quality, trusted university.
For years I wanted to finish my degree and CSU Global gave me the flexibility to do so. My career has improved dramatically since obtaining my bachelors degree.B.S. in Organizational Leadership, Alumni
CSU Global's Online Bachelor's Degree Organizational Leadership: 2 Minute Overview
Let's Get Started Together
You don't even have to fill out your application alone. Our Enrollment Counselors are standing by to help if you need us.