Manage as a Confident, Effective Leader with Your Bachelor's in Human Resources Management Degree
Getting an accredited online human resource management degree will prepare you to serve as a training and development specialist, HR coordinator, human resources manager, or other related roles.
If you love working with people and you’re excited about advancing an organization’s initiatives by spearheading training, staff management, conflict resolution, and other human resource tasks, then you may have a bright future in HR management.
HR professionals are vital to just about every workplace. From government institutions to manufacturing companies and nonprofit organizations, effective human resource management is essential to keeping behind-the-scenes operations running smoothly.
If you love working with people and are excited by the prospect of advancing an organization’s initiatives through training, staff management, conflict resolution, and more, it’s likely you have a bright future in Human Resource Management.
The Bachelor’s in Human Resource Management is a good fit for you and your career path if you’ll be professionally fulfilled by:
- Advancing an organization’s initiatives through training and staff management.
- Contributing to people’s growth and development, often going out of your way to motivate and empower them.
- Looking at situations from all angles and handling conflict with diplomacy.
Regardless of your role, you may be responsible for:
- Creating effective teams through motivation, culture, and change management.
- Addressing the legal and ethical implications of HR and administration in an organization.
- Understanding employment and compensation requirements.
- Analyzing business policy and strategy in relation to competitors.
Courses in this Program
CSU Global’s HR management bachelor’s degree requires the completion of 120 total credits, including a mix of Core Degree Courses in HR topics, General Education Courses, Elective Courses, and optional Degree Specializations and Certificates.
CSU Global’s General Education Courses are more than a bachelor’s degree requirement. They are designed to help you develop and strengthen valuable skills demanded in the workplace.
Already taken some courses? Up to 90 total credits (and 64 from community colleges) can be transferred into a bachelor’s degree at CSU Global. Request a Transcript Evaluation Summary to see how close you already are to graduation!
ORG300 - Applying Leadership Principles
MGT350 - Business Policy and Strategy
HRM300 - Principles of Human Resource Management
HRM350 - Compensation and Performance Management
HRM470 - Human Resource Management in a Global World
HRM435 - Creating a Diverse and Ethical Workforce
HRM445 - Labor Relations and Employment Law
HRM440 - Recruitment, Selection and Employee Development
HRM460 - Organizational Development
When you earn your bachelor’s degree through CSU Global, you can choose to customize it with an undergraduate specialization in a subject that matches your professional goals or personal interests.
Most Popular Specializations:
Additional Available Specializations for this Program:
- Applied Social Sciences
- Business Administration
- Criminal Forensics
- Criminal Justice Management
- Data Management and Analysis
- Digital Marketing
- Foundations of Accounting
- Healthcare Communication
- Information Technology Management
- Information Technology Operations
- Intelligence and Homeland Security
- Operations Management and Supervision
- Public and Non-Profit Management
- Public Relations
- Web Application Development
The remainder of your degree is comprised of courses of your choice that support your educational goals and needs. Including a specialization reduces the number of elective credits you'll need to complete your bachelor's degree.
Whether you already have experience in the industry and simply lack the degree needed to advance in your role, or you have no prior experience in the field, this program will set you up for success as an HR professional.
CSU Global’s HR management bachelor’s degree will provide you with the educational background and industry-relevant skills required for professional roles in the field of human resource management.
As a student in our online bachelor’s in HR management program, you’ll learn how to apply leadership principles for effective employee administration and organizational development by studying:
- Management of Team Dynamics
- Conflict Resolution
- Business Policy
- Employee Law
- Professional Development
Our graduates are prepared to take on important HR management tasks, like enhancing organizational performance and creating effective teams through motivation, culture, and change management.
Your HR-relevant skills will be an asset at any organization, as you’ll be prepared to:
- Assess various human resource-related strategies, programs, and initiatives that can motivate and develop employees.
- Identify the importance of aligning organizational and HR goals.
- Create talent acquisition strategies to attract and retain a competitive, successful, globally focused, and diverse workforce.
- Evaluate national and international laws and regulations that impact employment processes and organizational strategies.
- Create strategies to build effective workplace policies.
As a not-for-profit public university, our goal at CSU Global is to make your online tuition cost as affordable as possible. We offer low-cost online degree tuition rates without taking anything away from the quality of the education you receive. We also lock in that low tuition rate with our tuition guarantee, and we provide additional discounted tuition rates for members of the armed forces and employees of our corporate affiliate partners.
Learn more about CSU Global tuition rates, and explore financial aid options available that can help cover the cost of your education.
Frequently Asked Questions
HR Management refers to a specific set of job functions, namely, managing all company or organizational issues related to personnel.
Virtually every organization has HR managers who are tasked with handling the day-to-day operations required to recruit, staff, train, manage, and pay their personnel.
If you like working with people and you’re interested in helping organizations manage their employees, then human resource management may be the perfect field for you.
Human resource managers are responsible for overseeing and strategically managing human capital, which means that they are in charge of all employee-related tasks, like recruiting, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, and other similar duties.
HR managers are required by virtually every type of organization, from private companies to nonprofits and government entities, so they can find employment in any sector of the economy.
The typical daily job duties of HR managers include overseeing tasks like:
- Recruiting and hiring
- Organizational development
- Training, compensation and benefits
- Staff communications
- Policy administration
- Safety and wellness
- Organizational culture
To find a role in HR management, you will most likely need to complete a bachelor’s degree program in human resources.
CSU Global’s Online Human Resource Management Degree is a Bachelor of Science degree that will prepare you to assume HR manager duties, ensuring you’re ready to help provide value to an organization from day one.
Our HR management program can be completed 100% online, requires no set times or locations, provides monthly class starts, and offers accelerated courses.
Our B.S. in Human Resource Management is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and our program curriculum is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
Graduates from our online HR management program are prepared to work as professionals in the field of human resources, helping organizations strategically manage their human capital. Earning your Online Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management from CSU Global could lead to job opportunities across a wide array of career paths.
Some of the typical job functions available to graduates of Human Resource Management programs include:
- Human Resources
- Recruiting & Talent Acquisition
- Talent Management
- Employee Benefits
- Employee Compensation
- Employee Relations
- Training and Development
- Organizational Development
- Payroll Processing
CSU Global’s Online Human Resource Management Classes will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to serve as an effective, skilled, human resources professional.
Top job titles for graduates from our accredited online HR management degree program include:
- Training & Development Specialist / 2019 Median Pay: $61,210
- HR Coordinator/Specialist / 2019 Median Pay: $61,920
- Training and Development Manager / 2019 Median Pay: $113,350
- Human Resources Manager / 2019 Median Pay: $116,720
Yes! While it may take hard work and dedication to complete your degree in HR management, this is an excellent industry to get into and CSU Global’s 100% online Human Resource Management program is one of the best ways to enter the field.
Why should you consider studying with us?
- Our HR management program is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- Our HR management program prepares you to secure a job in the field, with 87% of our alumni working in their field and earning an average starting salary of $62,370.
- Our HR management program is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates, and our partnership with SHRM offers students SHRM membership and study materials, as well as up to $300 in reimbursement for their SHRM certification exam.
CSU Global is one of the best online HR management schools, having recently earned several awards, including:
- A #2 ranking for Best Online Bachelor’s in Human Resources Degree Programs by The Best Schools, and a #5 ranking for Best Online Bachelor’s in Human Resources Degree Programs by Successful Student.
- A “Gold School” of Distinction award from Best Colleges, making us one of only 15 schools to receive gold rankings, out of more than 2,000 online degree programs
ACBSP-Accreditation & SHRM Alignment
CSU Global’s Bachelor Degree Program in Human Resource Management is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP) and its curriculum is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. SHRM is the world's largest HR professional society, representing 285,000 members in more than 165 countries.
CSU Global students are eligible to be a student member of SHRM at a discounted cost. CSUG’s alignment with SHRM potentially allows a CSUG student to apply for the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) exam. Contact your student success counselor or the SHRM advisor (shrm.advisor [at] csuglobal.edu) to learn more.
87% of Alumni Working in Their Field
Alumni from CSU Global’s bachelor’s degree program in HR management report extremely high rates of working in the field after graduation.
$62k Starting Salary
Alumni from CSU Global’s online degree in human resource management report an estimated annual starting salary above $62k.
Top Job Titles
Job titles held by CSU Global’s Bachelor in Human Resource Management alumni include Administrative Assistant, HR Manager, and HR Generalist.
Want To Know More?
Ready to learn more about how to move forward with CSU Global? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions and help you get started.
Regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) means your degree comes from a top-quality, trusted university.
I chose CSU Global after doing some research for accredited and respected online programs for HR Management. The fact that SHRM national recommends the CSU Global program was what solidified my decision.Alumnus, B.S. Human Resource Management
Hear It From The Students
Let's Get Started Together
You don't even have to fill out your application alone. Our Enrollment Counselors are standing by to help if you need us.