By CSU Global - September 17th, 2020
What Can I Do With a Business Management Degree?
Getting a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Business Management will prepare you to drive results at practically any organization operating in any industry.
Become the professional who companies turn to when they need solutions-based problem solving, and prepare for that role with CSU Global’s online Business Management program.
Once you’ve learned more about what to do with a business management degree, please consider filling out our information request form to receive additional details about our 100% online bachelor’s program, or if you’re ready to get started, submit your application.
What Jobs Can You Get With a Business Management Degree?
Business management graduates can find jobs in a variety of industries within different types of companies and organizations, including private and public corporations, nonprofit organizations, and state and federal government agencies.
Why? Because business management programs teach students how businesses operate in the real world, including how various business units work together.
CSU Global’s Business Management program teaches students valuable, transferable skills in marketing, operations, finance, economics, statistics, and international management.
These skills make our students well-rounded candidates for a variety of roles in the business sector. Some of the most popular job titles for CSU Global’s Business Management program graduates include:
- Sales manager
- Financial analyst
- Management analyst
- Cost estimator
According to Prospects, a respected U.K.-based career guidance site, business management graduates are also equipped for a wide variety of other jobs, including:
- Actuarial analyst
- Business adviser
- Business analyst
- Business development manager
- Chartered management accountant
- Corporate investment banker
- Data analyst
- Data scientist
- Forensic accountant
- Insurance underwriter
- Management consultant
- Project manager
- Risk manager
- Supply chain manager
What is a Business Management Degree?
CSU Global’s B.S. in Business Management is a 100% online program providing students with the skills they need to play a valuable role in any organization or company.
This program prepares students to:
- Apply critical analysis when making decisions.
- Integrate relevant technology and innovate new technological solutions.
- Lead at every level of the organization.
Studying business management with CSU Global will help prepare you to drive and maintain organizational success in any sector.
Is a Degree in Business Management a B.A. or B.S.?
CSU Global’s Business Management degree is a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) program.
In general, US News & World Report explains that a bachelor of arts (B.A.) degree focuses more on the humanities, while B.S. programs emphasize science and math.
For most students looking to launch a career in business, a B.S. degree is a better fit.
B.S. degrees also typically require more credits than B.A. degrees, and those extra credits tend to focus more on a student’s specific program of study.
What Classes Do You Take for Business Management?
CSU Global’s Business Management program requires 31 credits of General Education Courses, 30 credits of Core Degree Courses, 15 optional credits of Degree Specialization Courses, and Elective Courses, which are used to reach the 120 total credits required for graduation.
Core Courses cover the most important topics you’re likely to need when working in the field, including:
- Applying Leadership Principles
- Microeconomic Principles
- Macroeconomic Principles
- Principles of Management
- Information Systems Design and Management
- Management in the Global Economy
- Principles of Accounting
- Introduction to Marketing
- Business Law
- Principles of Finance for the Private Sector
- Quantitative Business Analysis
- Capstone – Business Policy Development and Implementation
- Business Management Practicum
The Degree Specialization program is an option that allows you to further customize your knowledge by specializing in a subject matching your professional goals or personal interests.
For CSU Global’s business management students, some of the most popular Degree Specializations include:
- Organizational Leadership
- Project Management
- Human Resources and Organizational Development
- Emergency Management
- Healthcare Management
Our graduates finish their program fully prepared to work as professionals in the field, ready to handle responsibilities like:
- Gathering and analyzing financial data and employment reports.
- Interview employees, observing workplace flows and mitigating potential problems.
- Applying critical analysis in decision-making processes.
- Providing feedback and recommendations to clients.
Is a Degree in Business Management Worth It?
Yes. Earning your degree in business management is a valuable investment in your career and a great way to secure your financial future.
Why should you get a degree in business management? CSU Global’s business management program is rooted in real-world concepts that will help you excel in the workplace.
Classes are taught by faculty who have recent experience in the field, providing you with skills needed to become a valued member of any organization.
What are the Best Business Schools?
If you do choose to get your degree in business management, CSU Global is an excellent choice for the following reasons:
- CSU Global’s Bachelor’s in Business Management program is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and ACBSP Accredited by the Council of Business Schools and Programs.
- CSU Global’s business management program earned a #3 ranking for Best Online Bachelor in Business Management Degree Programs from The Best Schools, as well as Top 10 rankings from both Successful Student and Best College Reviews
- CSU Global’s business management program provides an excellent return on investment, with 93% of alumni reporting that they work in the field, and that they earn an average salary above $81,000.
Furthermore, CSU Global offers competitive tuition rates, a Tuition Guarantee to ensure your rate won’t increase, and Alternative Credit Options like Credit By Exam, Self Study Assessment (SSA) and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to help save you time and money.
Finally, CSU Global’s business management degree can be completed 100% online, with no set times or locations, monthly class starts and accelerated courses, making it easier to juggle your education, work, and family responsibilities.
To get additional details about our fully-accredited, 100% online Bachelor’s in Accounting Degree, please give us a call at 800-462-7845, or fill out our Information Request Form.
Ready to get started today? Apply now!
Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement.