Credit by Exam
Acceptance of credit is based on scores, the degree being pursued, and when the credit was received. Exam credit options include:
- Advanced Placement: If you’ve taken the Advanced Placement examinationand received scores of 3, 4, or 5, you are eligible to receive credit toward your bachelor's degree. The CSU-Global school code is 6903.
- International Baccalaureate Diploma Program: If you successfully completed the IB program and examination(s), you are eligible to receive credit toward your bachelor's degree. A score of 4 or better on the IB exam(s) will receive between 3-10 credits in most instances.
- CLEP, DSST: CSU-Global accepts credit for test scores that meet established benchmarks for the College Level Examination program (CLEP) and DANTES Subject Standardized Tests (DSST) toward a bachelor's degree. You must submit an official score report showing you earned scores at or above established benchmarks. CSU-Global’s reporting numbers are 3582 for CLEP and 8796 for DSST.
- StraighterLine: CSU-Global accepts credit for test scores that meet the American Council on Education (ACE) guideline standards and minimum score requirements on approved exams. You must submit an official score report showing you earned scores at or above established benchmarks to receive transfer credit toward a bachelor's degree. CSU-Global’s reporting number for StraighterLine is CSUG050.
- Modern States: Tuition-free online courses that prepare you for widely accepted Advanced Placement and CLEP exams, providing the potential to complete freshman year for free.
Please note that not all tests are accepted and students who are interested should contact their advisor for more information.