Gain the fundamental knowledge and leadership skills you need to succeed in the field of human resource management.
You have talent in dealing with people. You display it every day, in all of your interactions. You command respect and have a sharp mind for resolving situations in ways that result in wins all around. In short, you have the skills necessary to keep today's business world running smoothly. You have a mind for Human Resource Management.
In our online B.S. in Human Resource Management degree program, you’ll learn the foundations of organizational structure and the role of HR professionals in building a culture, managing policy, resolving conflict, and maximizing employee performance.
Human Resource Managers are some of the most vital employees in any workplace, and if the field interests you, our online B.S. in Human Resource Management degree program will give you exactly what you need to manage effectively. CSU-Global also offers a master's degree in Human Resource Management if you've already completed a bachelor's and are looking to take your career to the next level.
If you're looking to become the one that your colleagues turn to for reasons of staffing, negotiation, and conflict resolution, fill out the contact form on the right for more information.
CSU-Global's Bachelor of Human Resource Management program is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. Additionally, CSU-Global students receive significant discounts on SHRM training materials, being responsible for only $50 of the cost of these materials that normally cost over $800.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job growth for human resources managers is 13%, compared to the all-occupations average of 10%. This puts it at only slightly above average growth, which means strong competition for the best jobs.
It won't be enough to have a passion or talent for human resources; as organizations expand they will be looking to choose the most qualified applicants. That's where CSU-Global comes in, with our accredited Human Resource Management program and SHRM curriculum alignment. If you're looking for a great career in the field of human resources, a degree from an intensive, properly aligned program can prove your dedication before you even show up for the interview.
You may be a great human resources manager if you are...
- An active listener.
- Fair in your judgment and decision making.
- Able to solve complex problems.
- Socially perceptive.
- Comfortable working with and managing teams.
Human resources managers must be able to expertly manage team dynamics, resolve conflicts, train employees, chart paths for professional development, and manage business policy and employee law, all of which are studied directly in our B.S. in Human Resource Management program.
Human Resource Management is a crucial discipline across all organizations, from private sector to government to non-profit. The specific day-to-day activities will differ between places of employment, but the vital nature of the role will always remain high. If you're looking to become one of the most valued and productive members of any workplace, fill out the form on the right-hand side of this page for more information. We'll be in touch to help you get there.
We provide students with career-relevant resources to help them succeed outside of the classroom. That's why we created Awards of Completion and Skills Endorsements, specific to our programs of study, spotlighting the knowledge, skills, and abilities that hiring managers find essential to success in the field. Human Resources Systems and Service and Strategic Human Resource Leadership are two of the awards you can receive as part of our human resources program.
Earn Your Bachelor's Degree In Human Resource Management
Compete in the important and rewarding field of Human Resource Management with this online degree program from CSU-Global. Throughout your course of study you will improve your mastery of leadership principles, employee administration, organizational development, and more.
The B.S. in Human Resource Management program is designed to put you ahead of the competition when you look to find the HR job of your dreams. SHRM integration, a rigorous curriculum, and instructors who are experts in the field are here to put you exactly where you want to be in your career.
The Bachelor of Science in Human Resource Management provides students with the fundamental knowledge and leadership skills they need to succeed within the human resources field. Students will learn how to apply leadership principles for effective employee administration and organizational development. Specific areas of study include the management of team dynamics, conflict resolution, business policy and employee law, and training and professional development. This program is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
- Enhance organizational performance and create effective traditional and virtual teams through motivation, organizational culture, and change management.
- Address the legal and ethical implications of human resources and administration in an organizational setting.
- Analyze business policy and strategy in relationship to competitors.
- Resolve conflict by utilizing various management styles and best practices.
- Understand employment and compensation requirements including insurance, salary, labor, health, and safety.
Click here to view our learning outcomes assessment data.
CSU-Global’s accredited online bachelor’s degree in human resource management is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the human resources field. The program consists of 10 three-credit core courses as part of a full 120-credit bachelor’s degree. Maximize your transfer credits and take advantage of our alternative credit options to finish faster and for less!
- ORG300: Applying Leadership PrinciplesThis required first course for all majors provides an overview of leadership basics. Leadership skills are important to all fields of study because regardless of the role a person assumes in an organization he or she will need to influence others in order to accomplish the goals and tasks of their work. The course engages students in discussion, exploration and application of leadership skills, principles and practices. Students will learn about the relationships and connections among leaders, individuals and organizations. Topics include communication, motivation, problem solving, organizational change, and workplace conflict.
- MGT320: The Legal and Ethical Environment of BusinessAn introduction to the legal influences upon and within businesses, including statutory, executive, administrative, and case law. Included are the roles and influences of contracts and regulations upon business operations as well as the ethical issues encountered within the business environment and the associated legal implications.
- MGT350: Business Policy and StrategyAn analysis of the process of developing business policies and how strategies are formulated, implemented, and evaluated. Students will gain the knowledge of how business strategies establish and influence the company's position within its industry.
- HRM400: Human Resources Development and ManagementIntroduction to the development and management of an organization's human resources, with emphasis on planning for the screening, selection, orientation and training of employees. Additional topics include performance appraisal, compensation, benefits, equal employment opportunity, incentives and rewards.
- HRM425: Managing and Leading Team DynamicsExplore the development, organization, and leadership of teams in both traditional and virtual settings. Develop key skills and a working knowledge of team creation, management, and individual roles within the team.
- MGT470: Conflict Management and NegotiationIdentification and analysis of management strategies for dealing with both functional and dysfunctional conflict in the workplace. Included is a study of conflict management styles of avoidance, accommodation, collaboration, negotiation, mediation and domination.
- HRM450: Employment Law, Compensation, and PolicyIntroduces the major laws affecting employment in the United States including insurance, compensation, and labor, health and safety related to employment and compensation. The provisions of those laws as well as public policy supporting regulation and the future modifications are addressed.
- HRM455: Training and Staff DevelopmentExplores the development, administration, and evaluation of organizational training and staff development programs. Motivation, organizational culture and change, employee development, and the role of management are analyzed.
- HRM460: Organizational DevelopmentThe study of organizational systems and strategies designed to drive organizational competitive advantage and enhance organizational performance. Specific focus is on systems thinking, becoming a learning organization, and continuous improvement.
- HRM481: Capstone - Human Resource ManagementIn this course, students synthesize the skills learned throughout the program to address human resources issues in a comprehensive project. Students integrate their knowledge of leadership, legal and ethical responsibilities, policy and strategy, team dynamics, conflict management and negotiations, and staff training and development to improve organizational performance.
To ensure that you are learning the human resource management practices relevant today, all courses are taught by qualified instructors with current industry experience. Our instructors hold advanced degrees in their fields, and are specially trained to teach online, so you and your fellow students can think more critically about how the subject matter applies to real-world situations.
You can customize your online degree in human resource management by adding a specialization. Similar to a degree concentration, each specialization consists of five upper-division courses (15 credit hours) in a more specific area of interest. A specialization is not required to complete a bachelor’s degree, but it is an ideal way to tailor your educational experience to your professional goals and personal interests.
Explore Your Specialization Options for Your B.S. in Human Resource Management:
- Computer ProgrammingComputer Programming specialization is aimed at non-computer science majors who would like to broaden their programming capabilities. Courses cover an entire spectrum of basic programming and software development techniques for analysis, design, and implementation of software applications across various operating systems and platforms.
- Criminal ForensicsThe Criminal Forensics program is ideal for students interested in crime scene investigation and forensic science. Gain the knowledge and skills to pursue or advance a career as a medical examiner, crime analyst, criminal investigator, or similar position in this exciting field.
- Criminal Justice ManagementThe criminal justice field includes careers in security, the court system, corrections, forensics, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. The Criminal Justice Management program provides advanced leadership skills to further one’s professional development in these areas.
- CriminologyThe Criminology program focuses on the study of crime, criminal behavior, and the legal system. Students pursuing a career in law enforcement, social work, forensics, welfare, pathology, probation, or other public safety positions will gain a competitive advantage through the Criminology program.
- Data Management and AnalysisThe Data Management and Analysis program is designed for students interested in careers related to information systems and networking. Professionals interested in the information technology field who desire in-depth knowledge of how to manage enterprise data should consider this program.
- Emergency ManagementWhile emergency situations cannot always be avoided, proper critical response and preparation can drastically improve public safety. The Emergency Management program provides professionals, including safety directors, emergency specialists, consultants, analysts, and direct responders, with the skills necessary in a wide array of emergencies.
- FinanceGain insight and professional skills with regards to the bottom line through this program in finance. Career opportunities exist for accountants, investment bankers, payroll specialists, analysts, auditors, controllers, and more in this exciting field of study.
- Foundations of AccountingThis program provides business principles and other applied skills in the area of accounting to assist professionals at all levels. In addition to accountants and CPAs, this program provides financial understanding for budget and cost analysts, payroll specialists, auditors, tax consultants, advisors, managers, and more.
- Healthcare ManagementThe Healthcare Management program provides professionals in clinics, hospitals, private practices, nursing homes, research facilities, and more with the focused training required to handle the unique management challenges of the healthcare industry. This program gives students a competitive edge in an ever-changing field.
- Information Technology ManagementAs technology continues to advance, the need for qualified IT managers grows as well. Through the Information Technology Management Specialization, students gain the administrative knowledge needed to meet the demands of corporate technology systems including problem solving, resource allocation, networking, security, and more.
- Information Technology OperationsThis program provides a basic understanding of technology operations, networking, problem-solving, development, and more. Professionals interested in careers that require knowledge of information technology, including administrators, department managers, system analysts, and more, will benefit from this program.
- MarketingStudents interested in the global field of marketing will benefit from this specialization, which includes promotion, creative services, public relations, research, consulting, communications, advertisement, strategy, branding, and much more. The Marketing program provides the tools necessary to be successfully employed in many areas within this field.
- Operations Management and SupervisionThe Operations Management and Supervision program is ideal for students who pursue careers in logistics or manufacturing and production. These courses provide knowledge and skills to improve efficiency, efficacy, and performance in organizational operations.
- Project ManagementStudents interested in project management should consider this program to gain comprehensive theories and concepts on how to improve organizational efficiency and performance on a per project basis. Ideal for both Project Management Professionals (PMP) and those interested in entering this growing field.
- Public and Non-Profit ManagementStudents interested in careers within the public and non-profit sectors should consider pursuing a specialization or certificate of completion in Public and Non-Profit Management. This program provides students with management and decision-making abilities necessary within these organizations.
- Small Business and EntrepreneurshipStudents who have a desire to work with a start up business or manage their own entrepreneurial enterprises will gain the variety of skills necessary to be successful through this specialization.
- Strategic CommunicationsEffective communication can increase efficiency and results in a wide array of professional positions. The Strategic Communication program improves both internal and external messaging, delivery, and comprehension for managers, consultants, marketing and public relations specialists, human resources, and more.
We understand the sacrifice needed to invest in education, so our promise to you is an affordable education with low tuition rates, no out-of-state tuition, and tuition guaranteed not to increase for as long as you are enrolled. Find out how you can earn your online bachelor’s degree in human resources management without breaking the bank.
You can earn your online human resource management bachelor’s degree without leaving the career and colleagues you love. With 100% online classes, you study when and where it’s most convenient for you.
Fill out the form below and we'll contact you and answer all of your questions.
By submitting this form I agree that I can be contacted using the email or phone number that I provided.