You have the passion and the talent for teaching. Now become a more effective educator.
Do you love teaching? Do you have a love of education? Are you thrilled by the prospect of helping students develop their knowledge?
If so, then CSU-Global's online Master's of Science in Teaching and Learning can help you become an even more effective and passionate educator in this very rewarding field.
This CSU-Global master’s degree program in teaching and learning is designed for all types of educators, including K-12 teachers, adult teachers, school administrators, corporate trainers, special education teachers, and instructional designers.
As a teaching and learning expert, you will be responsible for overseeing school curricula, teaching standards, developing instructional materials, coordinating the implementation of those materials, and assessing the effectiveness of the educational programs.
Fill out the form to the right to speak to an Enrollment Counselor, and find out what CSU-Global can do to help you become the professional educator you know you can be.
Be sure to check out the Licensures that you can obtain as part of your Master of Science in Teaching and Learning degree. These will help you to become a principal, vice principal, or teach in high-demand subject areas. Click here to learn more.
The projected growth rate for this industry within the next seven years is 13%, about as fast as the all-occupation average. This means that you can expect strong competition for the best jobs in the best school districts, and a master's degree in teaching and learning can go a long way toward separating you from your competition.
You may be a successful teaching professional if you like to:
- Develop learning plans
- Plan, organize, and conduct teacher conferences
- Assess and discuss education standards and regulations
- Recommend teaching materials
- Train other teachers about new content or new programs
- Improve the quality of education
Most educational professionals are in charge of making sure all the tasks listed above are completed.
If it sounds like we are describing you, become an even more effective teacher by earning your master’s degree in teaching and learning. Fill out the form to your right to get started.
We provide students with career-relevant resources to help them succeed outside of the classroom. That's why we created Awards of Completion and Skills Endorsements, specific to our programs of study, spotlighting the knowledge, skills, and abilities that hiring managers find essential to success in the field. Teaching and Learning Assessment Strategies and Education Theory and Research are two of the awards you can receive as part of our teaching and learning program.
Earn Your Master's Degree In Teaching and Learning
In CSU-Global’s Master of Science in Teaching and Learning degree program, you’ll develop more effective strategies for educating students with diverse backgrounds, cultures, and learning styles.
The program will familiarize you with the latest research on the ways in which people learn, and you’ll explore how to handle the ethical, legal, and social issues that surround education today.
In addition, you’ll learn the best ways to design a curriculum, and how emerging technologies can be used to improve the efficacy of your teaching methods.
The Master of Science in Teaching and Learning program elevates students' leadership competencies, intellect, and professional knowledge of K-12 educational best and emerging practices. The program is designed to develop educational leaders through its emphasis on instruction, research-based practices, and program development and management in K-12 learning environments and non-traditional settings. Through a curriculum that is both rigorous and relevant and that implements and assesses project-based outcomes, students will gain techniques for the promotion of lifelong learning and academic excellence as well as learn to analyze and evaluate teaching and learning principles to meet specific educational needs. CSU-Global does not provide educator licensing or endorsement.
- Identify strategies for developing, administering, evaluating, and managing educational programs.
- Examine various learning theories and design teaching and assessment strategies for specific learning environments.
- Acquire advanced instructional and design principles.
- Explore and facilitate the use of contemporary and emergent technologies relevant to learning environments.
- Apply skills for effective program planning and development within an educational setting.
Click here to view our learning outcomes assessment data.
CSU-Global’s accredited online master’s degree in teaching and learning is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the field. The program consists of 8 three-credit core courses as part of a full 36-credit master’s degree. (Some M.S. in Teaching and Learning students may be required to take RES501 as part of their program if they have an undergraduate GPA below 3.00. In this case, the degree is 39 credits.)
- RES501: Fundamentals of Research and WritingThis course is only required for students who are accepted into this program with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00.
The primary purpose of this course is to help students entering graduate level programs at CSU-Global develop awareness of current and effective research and writing practices with the goal of implementing such practices into their writing and research projects. Students will learn what constitutes graduate level writing and research as well as how to communicate with colleagues in online professional forums. Students will also learn to effectively integrate writing and research skills into the writing projects they will pursue throughout their graduate level programs.
- OTL502: Learning Theories and Models of InstructionThis course provides students with an introduction to learning theories. A variety of theoretical constructs are studied to address diverse learning styles and conceptual frameworks for engaging learners. Students will explore theoretical perspectives on learning, cognition, and cognitive development. By examining a range of principles, perspectives and tools, students will gain an understanding of learning and teaching in a variety of contexts. Students will use problem solving, application, and evaluation skills to analyze the theories and practices of educational organizations.
- OTL504: Social, Ethical, and Legal Issues in 21st Century LearningThis course provides educators with an overview of the legal, ethical, and social issues that are unique in the 21st century learning environment. Topics such as learner privacy online, the appropriate uses of newer technologies, copyright, and intellectual property on the Internet will be presented. Students will also examine privacy law and contemporary legal issues of the 21st century classrooms.
- OTL540K: Theory and Practice in Backward DesignIntroduction to instructional system design theories and models used in Pre-K-12 learning environments and nontraditional settings with a focus on backward design.
- OTL541K: Evaluation and AssessmentExamination of methods and techniques for evaluation and assessment of learning in Pre-K-12 settings with a focus on instructional improvement and student achievement.
- OTL545: Technology and InnovationThis course presents how present and emerging technologies are transforming society and schools and the implications these changes have for teaching and learning. Strategies for building students' critical thinking habits, innovation, and creativity with respect to new technologies and media will be developed in the context of 21st century literacies (information, visual, etc.). Students will explore the practical context for the use of technology and will develop skills that identify and address the challenge of using technology creatively in teaching and learning situations today.
- OTL565: Cultural and Linguistic Diversity in the Differentiated ClassroomAn examination of the theories and concepts that define cultural and linguistic diversity with an emphasis on the theory and methods for creating multiple pathways of learning to accommodate students with varying backgrounds of knowledge, readiness, language, interest, and learning styles.
- OTL568: Action ResearchAdvanced examination of an educator led research approach with an emphasis on instructional improvement and student learning.
- OTL579: Research-Based Professional Project OR OTL581: Capstone - Researching Effective Educational ProgrammingStudents have the option of selecting OTL579 or OTL581 as the capstone course of this program. See the Academic Catalog for full course descriptions. Both options represent a culmination of the knowledge and skills gain throughout the M.S. in Teaching and Learning program.
All courses are taught by qualified instructors with current industry experience. Our instructors hold advanced degrees in their fields, and are specially trained to teach online, so you and your fellow students can think more critically about how the subject matter applies to real-world situations.
We will help you customize your online degree in teaching and learning by adding a specialization. Similar to a degree concentration, each specialization consists of four courses in your chosen area of interest.
Explore Your Specialization Options for Your Master’s in Teaching and Learning:
- Applied Business ManagementGain a competitive advantage and increase career prospects through this specialization or certificate of completion with a focus on practical business and management skills in accounting, financing, strategic development, organizational change, and more.
- Contemporary Practices in K-12 Online LearningEducators looking to gain advanced knowledge of online learning within K-12 instruction should consider this program. Focus on the best practices and theories of knowledge on how to incorporate engaging curriculum into online environments and the specialization includes a hands-on practicum.
- English Language Learning (ELL)Students in the English Language Learning program gain the experience and skills necessary to teach preK-12 students from diverse language backgrounds.
- Human Resource ManagementStudents interested in furthering their careers in the field of human resources should consider this program, which provides organizational management skills with an emphasis on personnel, staff training and development, policy and procedures, and more. This program is designed as an HRCI certification prep course.
- Human Resource PerformanceStudents who aim to improve an organization’s effectiveness through human resources should consider the Human Resource Performance program. Emphasis is on the successful management of organized labor employees in dynamic environments.
- Information TechnologyManagers, directors, and senior executives in information technology can gain vital knowledge to increase an organization’s efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace through the advanced IT strategies and implementation training provided by this program.
- International ManagementIn today’s global marketplace, effective leadership in any industry requires special skills. Students interested in pursuing a career with multi-national strategic vision benefit from the skills and application of knowledge obtained in the International Management program.
- K-12 Education Technology and Instructional DesignThis program is ideal for instructional designers, K-12 educators, K-12 technology specialists, and K-12 library and media specialists who want to expand their expertise to that of the K-12 online school and classroom.
- Organizational Leadership and Change ManagementManagers, at any level or tenure, must be able to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of business. Students in this program gain the tools for career advancement by learning to thrive through market innovations and handle rapid organizational growth and change.
- Project ManagementThis graduate level program in project management offers extensive leadership and skill development regarding improved organizational efficiency and performance. These courses include topic areas, practical skills, and knowledge aligned to professional certifications associated with the Project Management Institute (PMI) including the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and the Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- Strategic Innovation and Change ManagementThis program focuses on enhancing one’s ability to efficiently manage though the strategic implementation of change and evolution within a business or organization. Managers who effectively adapt to meet the needs of their environment are more likely to succeed.
- Teacher LeadershipTeachers and professional educators who wish to become leaders of change and innovation will benefit from this program. In coordination with a master’s degree in Teaching and Learning, students will gain the knowledge to enhance the learning environment through policy and professional development.
Earning your master’s degree shows you have excellent critical thinking and decision making skills; earning it at CSU-Global means you are already pretty good at it. Our promise to you is an affordable education with low tuition rates guaranteed not to increase for as long as you are enrolled, with no student fees or out-of-state tuition upcharges.
We know you’re busy. But school can fit into your professional, family, and other life obligations. Our year round, 100% online classes give you the flexibility to learn and study when it’s most convenient for you.