By CSU Global - June 8th, 2020
Congratulations to all of the CSU Global graduates who recently walked across the virtual stage and accepted your diploma! That piece of paper symbolizes all of your hard work and dedication to excellence. We’re so proud of you!
After tassels have been moved and caps have been tossed … what happens next?
Update Your Professional Profile
Now is a great time to do some digital housekeeping while also sharing the news of your accomplishments. Update your LinkedIn and other professional networking profiles to reflect your degree conferment. Also, even if you’re not job searching, take a few minutes to update your resume, too.
Join the Alumni Association
We encourage all of our graduates to join the CSU Global Alumni Association group on LinkedIn, as well as CSU Global Alumni Network in Global Connect. These robust and engaging communities offer a wide variety of benefits, resources, and programs for you and approximately 20,000 of your fellow alumni.
Just a few of the (free!) perks granted to CSU Global alumni:
- Career Center access. We’ll continue to help you navigate the job-search process, even after graduation.
- Alumni discounts. Who doesn’t love a deal? CSU Global students and alumni are eligible for a variety of money-saving opportunities that can help save money on career-related products, software, and services.
- Tuition discounts. CSU Global alumni are eligible for a 10 percent tuition discount on continued-learning opportunities. Check out alumni scholarship options as well!
Graduation doesn’t have to mean goodbye! You’re moving on, but we hope you’ll remain an active member of the CSU Global community. Here are just a few examples of ways to stay involved:
- Become a mentor. CSU Global offers a three-month mentoring program on Global Connect. CSU Global alum Kimberly Hardy wrote a blog about the benefits of mentoring; read part one and part two here. (Learn how you can contribute to the blog, too! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get started.)
- Become an outreach advocate. Share experiences through written or video testimonials, speaking engagements, or digital media platforms. Serve as an ambassador of online higher education, and communicate what value it has brought to your life.
The CSU Global staff continually researches topics that are of interest to CSU Global students. Our goal is to support student success and learning outcomes.