By CSU Global - August 23rd, 2021
Before enrolling in a master’s in healthcare administration program, you may want to first ask yourself one simple, but important question: “Is getting a Master’s in Healthcare Administration worth it?”
Here, we’ll review why you should consider earning a Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration, what skills and abilities you’ll develop in the program, and how completing your master’s in the field could help open up new career opportunities.
After you’ve learned about the many reasons to get your master’s degree, fill out our information request form to receive additional details about our 100% online master’s in healthcare administration program. If you’re ready to get started, submit your application today.
Why Should You Consider a Master’s in Healthcare Administration?
The primary reason you should consider earning a master’s degree in healthcare administration is that the courses you complete are likely to enhance and improve your understanding and awareness of the U.S. healthcare system, preparing you to work in the field as an effective healthcare administrator.
Should you choose to complete your healthcare administration master’s program with CSU Global, you’ll also be choosing to develop industry-relevant knowledge, skills and abilities that will prepare you to assume an advanced leadership role in the field, and to bring value to any healthcare organization from day one.
Our online master’s in healthcare administration program was designed to help you make difficult decisions while carefully considering the goals and values of the healthcare organization that you work for.
This program will improve your knowledge, skills, and abilities to complete the many difficult tasks that healthcare administrators perform on a daily basis, including:
- Evaluating organizational problems using a systematic decision-making approach that helps generate ideal outcomes.
- Managing, developing, and motivating healthcare organizations to meet changing needs.
- Creating a strategic healthcare and business plan that integrates a critical analysis of the many problems the organization faces.
- Critiquing the policies, procedures, laws, and ethics, and population health and quality management requirements of the diverse array of healthcare alternatives.
- Evaluating the complex relationships between management, organizational leadership, analytical reasoning, operations, human resources, finance, marketing, and strategic planning faced by healthcare organizations.
What Can You Do With a Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration?
Earning a master’s degree in healthcare administration will prepare you for a leadership or management role in the industry.
The courses you take will enhance your leadership and managerial skills and abilities, fully preparing you to:
- Improve the quality of healthcare services, while protecting the organization’s bottom line.
- Stay up to date on related healthcare policy, laws, and regulations, as well as interpreting them to understand how changes will impact your organization.
- Create financial budgets and manage operational costs, ensuring profitability without negatively impacting the quality of patient care.
- Organize healthcare facility records, maintaining confidentiality, security, and accessibility throughout the delivery of healthcare services.
Completing a master’s in healthcare administration is one of the best ways to advance your career in the field, as the experience and knowledge you accumulate are likely to open a whole series of new professional opportunities.
What Jobs Can You Get With a Master’s in Healthcare Administration?
Earning a master’s in healthcare administration will hone your career-relevant skills and abilities, improving your marketability to potential hiring managers, and giving you a better chance of landing a top position in the field.
The courses you complete will prepare you to lead teams of healthcare professionals and improve your eligibility and chances of getting a position like:
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- General and Operations Manager
- Practice Administrator
- Medical Staff Credentialing Analyst
- Managed Care Director
- Program Manager
- Hospital HR Manager
Can You Get a Master’s in Healthcare Administration Online?
Yes, CSU Global offers a 100% online Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration which is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and which was designed to provide students with maximum flexibility.
This program offers:
- No requirements to show up at set times or in physical locations.
- Monthly class starts.
- Accelerated eight-week courses.
If you have family and work responsibilities, and you need to balance them with educational pursuits, then our online graduate program in healthcare administration may be the ideal option.
What’s the Best Master’s in Healthcare Administration Program?
If you do choose to pursue a master’s degree in healthcare administration, then you should consider getting it from CSU Global, as our program has won several important awards, including:
- A #2 ranking for Best Online Master’s in Healthcare Administration from Best Health Degrees.
- A #4 ranking for Top 25 Online Master’s in Healthcare Administration from Best Masters Programs.
- A #5 ranking for The 25 Best Master’s in Health Care Administration Online from Best College Reviews.
- A #6 ranking for Best Online Master’s of Healthcare Administration from The Best Schools.
Furthermore, graduates from our master’s in healthcare administration program report earning a median salary that is 30% higher than the national average for all master’s degree holders.
Finally, CSU Global offers competitive tuition rates, a Tuition Guarantee to ensure your rate won’t increase, and for our undergraduate programs, Alternative Credit Options like Credit By Exam, Self Study Assessment (SSA), and Prior Learning Assessment (PLA) to help save you time and money.
To get additional details about our fully accredited, 100% online master’s degree in healthcare administration, please give us a call at (800) 462-7845, or fill out our Information Request Form.
Ready to get started today? Apply now!
Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement.