Join the quickly-expanding, ever-changing, and essential field of Information Technology.
If you're a "techie" who enjoys analyzing data and working in a hands-on environment, whether through software engineering or network analysis, there is a perfect position waiting for you in the exciting field of information technology.
Our online Bachelor's of Science in Information Technology program prepares you for real-life situations so you can actively apply your extensive knowledge of computers, programming, and all IT-related tasks to the professional world.
Information technology involves the use of computers, storage, and networking devices. If you have a natural aptitude for working with electronics, this may be your ticket to a career that you love. Fill out the form to the right to speak with an Enrollment Counselor, and get started on the path to the job you want.
We are proud to have partnered with CompTIA to bring students discounted rates when registering for any CompTIA exam. Contact us today to learn more about these reduced exam fees and how they apply to you.
Since the information technology industry is vast and growing, the responsibilities of professionals in the industry vary. Some of the responsibilities may include:
- Installing, upgrading, and repairing network hardware and software
- Maintain security systems
- Collect data to evaluate system performance
- Solve problems using monitoring systems
- Research new technology
- Create a data communication network plan
- Debug and fix program errors
- Build computer-assisted software engineering tools
Typically, successful information technology professionals are hands-on problem solvers, excellent at multitasking, and detail-oriented, independent, and analytical thinkers.
Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology
Learn the ins and outs of an ever-changing and growing industry with an undergraduate degree in information technology from CSU-Global.
You will become proficient in new, innovative technologies and prepare yourself for professional certification exams that will enhance your value in the job market.
Throughout the program you will acquire technical skills in programming and technology troubleshooting, learn to recommend software and hardware systems for organizations, and learn to work both independently and with others to meet the technology goals of an organization.
Fill out the short form on the right to speak to an Enrollment Counselor and get started today.
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology program is designed to train individuals for information technology jobs and prepare graduates for professional certification exams (CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Project+, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Server 2008, etc.) that enhance student job market value. Specializations in multiple subject matters will provide enhanced targeted skills and additional certification preparation. Upon completion of the degree program, students will have a foundational and practical knowledge across the field of information technology.
- Gain technology certification exam preparation.
- Acquire technical skills in programming and technology trouble-shooting.
- Recommend, select, and service software/ hardware systems that meet the unique information technology needs of an organization.
- Work both independently and cooperatively to meet the technology goals of the organization.
- Comprehend the theoretical and applied uses of information technology in various business applications for problem-solving.
- Apply knowledge and skills in system analysis and design, network design and administration, database design and development, operating systems, software and web application development, and IT security.
CSU-Global’s accredited online bachelor’s degree in information technology is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the IT field. The program consists of 10 three-credit core courses as part of a full 120-credit bachelor’s degree. Maximize your transfer credits and take advantage of our alternative credit options to finish faster and for less!
- ORG300: Applying Leadership PrinciplesThis required first course for all majors (undergraduate level) provides an overview of leadership basics. In the context of studying at CSU-Global, students will develop strategies for success in the online learning environment.
- ACT300: Principles of Accounting IThis course provides students with an introduction to financial accounting for the profit-oriented organization. The course provides a solid presentation of the central accounting terms and concepts, including a discussion of the basic accounting procedures, and the four types of financial statements. The accounting cycle, the double entry system, accrual based accounting, and the introductory use of the QuickBooks accounting software is included. The course concludes with a detailed discussion of the elements that comprise the balance sheet.
This course is considered a prerequisite and may be waived through transfer of equivalent lower division coursework or demonstrated workplace knowledge.
- ITS310: Introduction to Computer-Based SystemsThis course is an in-depth study of personal computer hardware, peripherals, and interfaces. It prepares students for CompTIA A+ certification exam.
- ITS315: Introduction to NetworksOverview of computer networks including operating systems, networks, the Internet and information system design, and the roles and responsibilities of technology professionals. It prepares students for CompTIA Network+ certification exams.
- ITS320: Basic ProgrammingAn introduction to computer programming, design, and testing using Java object-oriented programming language.
- ITS350: Information Systems and SecurityEducation in the need for security, planning, cryptology, and security technologies. Prepares students for CompTIA Security+ certification exam.
- ITS400: Information Technology Project ManagementPrepares managers to develop an IT strategy that aligns business strategy with IT infrastructure for a competitive advantage. Prepares students for the CompTIA Project+ certification.
- ITS405: Intermediate NetworkingFocus on the design and implementation of a network infrastructure using IP-based protocols. It prepares students for the Microsoft Configuring Server 2012 Network Infrastructure certification exam. R
- ITS410: Database ManagementThis course teaches students to design, implement, and use database management systems. Students will gain an working knowledge of available software packages, concepts of query languages, software integration services, and security considerations. The course has components consistent with materials used for the preparation of certification exam 70-462: Administering Microsoft SQL 2012 Databases.
- ITS430: Network Enterprise SolutionsAddresses practical methods for analyzing business problems and designing large-scale software solutions using object-oriented solutions. This course prepares students for the Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Enterprise Administrator certification exam.
All courses are taught by qualified instructors with current industry experience. Our instructors hold advanced degrees in their fields, and are specially trained to teach online, so you and your fellow students can think more critically about how the subject matter applies to real-world situations.
You can customize your online degree in information technology by adding a specialization. Similar to a degree concentration, each specialization consists of five upper-division courses (15 credit hours) in a more specific area of interest. A specialization is not required to complete a bachelor’s degree, but it is an ideal way to tailor your educational experience to your professional goals and personal interests.
Explore Your Specialization Options for Your B.S. in Information Technology:
- Business AdministrationThe Business Administration program is ideally suited for students interested in pursuing a career in business operations and management. Professionals in this field include department managers, accountants, consultants, executives, directors, and more.
- Criminal ForensicsThe Criminal Forensics program is ideal for students interested in crime scene investigation and forensic science. Gain the knowledge and skills to pursue or advance a career as a medical examiner, crime analyst, criminal investigator, or similar position in this exciting field.
- Criminal Justice ManagementThe criminal justice field includes careers in security, the court system, corrections, forensics, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. The Criminal Justice Management program provides advanced leadership skills to further one’s professional development in these areas.
- CriminologyThe Criminology program focuses on the study of crime, criminal behavior, and the legal system. Students pursuing a career in law enforcement, social work, forensics, welfare, pathology, probation, or other public safety positions will gain a competitive advantage through the Criminology program.
- Cyber SecurityThe Cyber Security Specialization is ideal for IT professionals who understand the importance of data and network security in today’s global businesses. Learn to mitigate online threats and ensure sensitive organizational information is protected.
- Data Management and AnalysisThe Data Management and Analysis program is designed for students interested in careers related to information systems and networking. Professionals interested in the information technology field who desire in-depth knowledge of how to manage enterprise data should consider this program.
- Emergency ManagementWhile emergency situations cannot always be avoided, proper critical response and preparation can drastically improve public safety. The Emergency Management program provides professionals, including safety directors, emergency specialists, consultants, analysts, and direct responders, with the skills necessary in a wide array of emergencies.
- FinanceGain insight and professional skills with regards to the bottom line through this program in finance. Career opportunities exist for accountants, investment bankers, payroll specialists, analysts, auditors, controllers, and more in this exciting field of study.
- Foundations of AccountingThis program provides business principles and other applied skills in the area of accounting to assist professionals at all levels. In addition to accountants and CPAs, this program provides financial understanding for budget and cost analysts, payroll specialists, auditors, tax consultants, advisors, managers, and more.
- Healthcare InformaticsThe Healthcare Informatics program is ideal for healthcare administrators and other professionals who are interested in the effective management of data and information within a global and technology-rich environment.
- Healthcare ManagementThe Healthcare Management program provides professionals in clinics, hospitals, private practices, nursing homes, research facilities, and more with the focused training required to handle the unique management challenges of the healthcare industry. This program gives students a competitive edge in an ever-changing field.
- Human Resources and Organizational DevelopmentStudents interested in pursuing a career in Human Resources should consider adding this specialization to their bachelor’s degree coursework. It provides a background in personnel management, staff training and development, policy and procedures, and more. When completed as part of the B.S. in Business Management degree, this specialization aligns with educational standards from the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Intelligence and Homeland SecurityThe Intelligence and Homeland Security program is ideal for anyone interested in a career focused on the protection of the United States against foreign and domestic threats.
- MarketingStudents interested in the global field of marketing will benefit from this specialization, which includes promotion, creative services, public relations, research, consulting, communications, advertisement, strategy, branding, and much more. The Marketing program provides the tools necessary to be successfully employed in many areas within this field.
- Operations Management and SupervisionThe Operations Management and Supervision program is ideal for students who pursue careers in logistics or manufacturing and production. These courses provide knowledge and skills to improve efficiency, efficacy, and performance in organizational operations.
- Organizational LeadershipIf you wish to advance into a management role in your organization or further your management skills as they apply to staff, effective decision making, strategic communication, and more you should consider the Organizational Leadership program in addition to your your bachelor’s degree major or as a certificate of completion.
- Professional SalesThe Professional Sales program is ideal for students interested in advancing their knowledge of sales and learning best practices for conducting business in today’s dynamic marketplace.
- Project ManagementStudents interested in project management should consider this program to gain comprehensive theories and concepts on how to improve organizational efficiency and performance on a per project basis. Ideal for both Project Management Professionals (PMP) and those interested in entering this growing field.
- Public AdministrationStudents interested in pursuing a career in government, public management, foreign services, nonprofit, security, regulatory boards, and others at the global, national, state, or local level will gain a competitive advantage with a public administration program.
- Public and Non-Profit ManagementStudents interested in careers within the public and non-profit sectors should consider pursuing a specialization or certificate of completion in Public and Non-Profit Management. This program provides students with management and decision-making abilities necessary within these organizations.
- Small Business and EntrepreneurshipStudents who have a desire to work with a start up business or manage their own entrepreneurial enterprises will gain the variety of skills necessary to be successful through this specialization.
- Strategic CommunicationsEffective communication can increase efficiency and results in a wide array of professional positions. The Strategic Communication program improves both internal and external messaging, delivery, and comprehension for managers, consultants, marketing and public relations specialists, human resources, and more.
We understand the sacrifice needed to invest in your education, so our promise to you is an affordable education with low tuition rates, no out-of-state tuition, and tuition guaranteed not to increase for as long as you are enrolled. Find out how you can earn your online bachelor’s degree in information technology without breaking the bank.
Don’t wait for your career to load. With 100% online classes, you work and study when it’s most convenient for you.