Graduation & Diploma Questions
I have completed what I need to do to graduate from an academic standpoint. Is there anything I need to do to ensure my application for graduation is complete?
- Congratulations! You can start this process by completing an application for graduation in the student portal (gold button), which allows you to confirm the name you want on your diploma. If you have any questions related to application for graduation, please contact your student success counselor.
- The process of applying for graduation is separate from registering for commencement, which is a separate form (blue button) in the student portal.
- Please make sure your address is updated in the student portal, as it will impact any graduation or commencement-related mailings that may occur.
When will I receive my diploma?
- All program requirements and financial standing is confirmed by the Registrar’s Office and diplomas are mailed approximately 8 weeks after completion of your final class. For additional questions regarding diplomas, please email the Registrar’s Office at Registrar@CSUGlobal.edu. The dimensions of the diploma are 8.5"x11”.
How are Latin Honors determined?
- Latin honors will be applied to your diploma without your needing to take any action on your part. If you participate in the commencement ceremony prior to completion of your final class at CSU Global, Latin honors will not be added to your announcement, but will be included on your official transcript and on your diploma when you complete your degree.
- Graduate students are eligible for Distinguished Scholar designation on their transcript, diploma, and at commencement, if they complete their program with a cumulative GPA of 3.97 or higher.
- Undergraduates will receive honors in accordance with the following GPA guidelines:
- Summa cum laude: 4.0
- Magna cum laude: 3.95-3.999
- Cum laude: 3.90-3.949
Commencement Event Participation
When do I have to complete my last course to be able to participate in the June 2021 commencement?
- Students who complete their courses during or before Spring D 2021 and complete both their application for graduation and the online registration form for commencement prior to April 23, 2021 are eligible to participate in the June 2021 commencement (note: graduates who became eligible after April 16 will have an extended deadline of April 30). The application for graduation and the application to participate in commencement reside in the student portal. If you have a special circumstance that you would like to have reviewed so you can participate in the June 2021 commencement and/or you intend to carry a large course load in the final months of the spring trimester, please contact your student success counselor as soon as possible to discuss your application for graduation and possible inclusion in the June 2021 ceremony.
How do I register to participate?
- Registration is live in the student portal for all eligible participants and must be complete by April 23, 2021 (with an exception if you qualified after April 16, where you will have until April 30 to register). If you believe you’re eligible to participate, but your student portal does not show a link to participate, please contact your student success counselor directly. If you do not know who your success counselor is, you may contact email@example.com.
Which types of honors societies are approved to be included in student recognition slides?
- Latin honors for qualifying students who have completed their degrees will be automatically applied to student recognition slides.
- Additional university honors societies may be listed if students provide them on their event registration form.
How can I edit or change my commencement event registration information?
- The commencement event registration information can be updated on the student portal through April 30, 2021, after which date you can request changes using this link prior to May 28, 2021. If you have any adjustments on the day of the ceremony, staff will do their best to respond to inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When will the link be ready for the livestream?
When will the event program be ready?
If I notice that my slide is incorrect on the day of the event, is there anything that can be done to correct it?
- We sincerely apologize. Please send your name, email and degree program, as well as the correction, to email@example.com so we can look into this. We will email back with next steps.
What if my name isn’t read or my slide is missing?
- We sincerely apologize. Please send your name, email and degree program to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can look into this. We will email back with next steps.
Are there guidelines for the photo and/or message for the student recognition slides?
- CSU Global reserves the right to not share and/or delete any content that falls into the categories below:
- Infringes any intellectual property rights of any other person or a third party, including but not limited to copyright and trademark;
- Defames or invades the privacy or publicity rights of any person, living or deceased, or infringes upon any person’s or third party’s personal, property, or other rights;
- Is inappropriate, sexually explicit, harassing, abusive, harmful, violent, or otherwise objectionable or offensive in any way;
- Contains any virus, worm, corrupt file, or other forms of malicious code or content that may harm a website or computer; or
- Violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation.
If I register for this event, but have a FERPA block on my student record, can I still participate?
- All event attendees must remove their FERPA block prior to event registration to be eligible to register, and then the block can be added after the event date. Please contact The Office of the Registrar at email@example.com to request removal of your FERPA block.
When is commencement?
What time does the ceremony start and when do I need to log in?
- 10 a.m. MT. We recommend all graduates log in 20-30 minutes before the start of the ceremony to be sure equipment is functioning and the livesteam works for you.
How long will the ceremony be?
- We expect the ceremony to end at approximately 12 p.m. MT
Will my name be read?
- Yes, your name will be read on a slide, which will feature your photo and a thank you message if provided.
What link should I share with family and friends to view the ceremony?
Is there any limit on how many people can view the ceremony?
- The event is a livestream program and can be viewed by as many people as you like.
Do I need a cap and gown to participate?
- While caps and gowns are not necessary to participate in a virtual commencement, you can order caps, tassels, stoles, cords, and other graduation regalia and memorabilia from Josten’s.
What is the hashtag for social media?
Where can I find more information about virtual commencement?
What is the ADA Accessibility available during the Ceremony?
- We have live closed captioning through the duration of the program. For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where can I find the commencement program?
I’m not listed in the program or I am listed incorrectly in the program.
- Please email email@example.com with any errors and we will get the program corrected and notify you when these corrections have been made.
Will there be any virtual receptions where I can engage with CSU Global faculty and classmates?
- Program Directors, at their discretion, may arrange for virtual program-specific receptions in the weeks leading up to the formal commencement ceremony. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unsure if your department will be holding a program-level ceremony or you need details associated with those events. Social media is a great way to connect with classmates during the formal commencement ceremony--make sure to request their handle(s) and tag CSU Global in your posts.
Where can I find a recording of the ceremony?
May I have a copy of my slide?
When will the next in-person ceremony be?
- Our next in-person commencement ceremony is scheduled for June 2022. Invitations for our next in-person ceremony will be sent out in 2022 presuming if large gatherings are permissible by that point in time.
If I participate in this virtual ceremony, may I still participate in the next in-person ceremony?
- Yes. Our next in-person commencement ceremony is scheduled for June 2022. Invitations for our next in-person ceremony will be sent out in early 2022 if large gatherings are permissible by that point in time.
Where can I buy a diploma frame?
- To purchase a diploma frame, visit Jostens.
Where can I buy a class shirt?
Where can I purchase graduation memorabilia?
Guiding Commencement Values and Principles
- CSU Global is proud to support the great diversity of our student body. Our Student Affairs Committee routinely addresses matters of diversity and inclusion to ensure equality and equal access of our education programs for all. If you would like to discuss more diversity efforts, please reach out to email@example.com.
- Commencement is a university-organized event and is not intended to be a public forum. Profanity will not be allowed in any portion of the ceremony, and any event-related engagement that falls into the category of profanity that is brought to the attention of our staff and faculty organizers will be deleted. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you come across any profanity that you would like to bring to our attention, or if you have questions about this principle.
- CSU Global does not take political positions unless positions are taken by the CSU system Board of Governors. As this is a university event, and in an effort to focus on the achievements of our graduates, we ask that all participant-generated content be limited to only those topics that are suitable for this event.
- CSU Global is proud to support the great diversity of our student body. Students who wish to change their name or gender identity in our system should work with their Student Success Counselor to update their record with the Office of the Registrar. Additionally, our Student Affairs Committee routinely addresses matters of diversity and inclusion to ensure equality and equal access of our education programs for all. If you have questions related to gender identity and this celebration, you may reach out to email@example.com.