To be a leader in today’s global economy, you’ll need a solid understanding of the economic, political, regulatory, and cultural dynamics that affect multinational enterprises.
CSU-Global’s online Master of International Management degree is an excellent choice if you’re a manager in a multinational corporation, if your company is planning for global expansion, or for anyone who conducts business on an international scale.
Being an international manager means understanding all aspects of business in both domestic and international settings, and understanding completely the laws and regulations that vary from country to country.
International management professionals often wear many hats and need to have a broad, thorough knowledge of international business practices, from marketing and advertising to cultural, economic and political environmental differences.
It's a challenging field, but a rewarding one, and if you're looking for a leg up, fill out the form to your right. An Enrollment Counselor will help you get started on your path to professional development.
Whatever your specific area of interest, effective, educated, and well-respected managers are always in demand. Work your way into the position that you want -- and stand out from your competition -- with a master's degree in International Management.
Being a professional in international management means being responsible for preparing budgets, collecting data, preparing reports, initiating international market research, assigning and projecting sales, planning and coordinating international business deals, developing pricing, implementing advertising strategies, and more.
If you enjoy core management tasks such as…
- Establishing and carrying out organizational goals
- Directing and overseeing financial activity
- Negotiating contracts
- Analyzing sales reports
- Identifying areas that need improvement
…then you might enjoy doing business in an international market. Earning your master’s degree in international business can open up many career enhancing opportunities, in a variety of industries, for you as a professional in management.
Fill out the form to your right to get started today.
We provide students with career-relevant resources to help them succeed outside of the classroom. That's why we created Awards of Completion and Skills Endorsements, specific to our programs of study, spotlighting the knowledge, skills, and abilities that hiring managers find essential to success in the field. The Foundations of Modern International Management and Applied Strategic Management are two of the awards you can receive as part of our international management program.
Earn Your Master's Degree in International Management
With a master’s degree in international management, you will build upon your management skills and business expertise to maximize international business success.
In this online graduate degree program, you will learn to correctly and effectively manage a multi-cultural, multi-national workforce, as well as how to use technology to keep your organization’s infrastructure, data, and proprietary information protected.
You will also analyze international markets, learn how currency exchange rates affect your investments and financial plans, and bring all of your knowledge together to develop strategic plans for global business growth.
If you are a born leader, let us help you become a more effective one.
The Master of International Management program is designed to prepare students for management opportunities within multinational industries and organizations. Learners will gain leadership skills and a comprehensive understanding of the cultural business issues, international regulations, and strategic planning necessary to succeed in today's dynamic global marketplace. Additional areas of focus include the challenges of expansion, technology use, and effective decision making on an international scale.
- Develop comprehensive strategic business plans for global expansion.
- Understand compliance and regulatory requirements for international hiring and managing of foreign and remote employees.
- Evaluate the proper technologies needed to sustain and secure infrastructure, data, and proprietary information.
- Analyze competitive markets and the economic and political factors that affect them.
- Evaluate currency and exchange rate fluctuations and determine how they affect investments and financial planning.
Click here to view our learning outcomes assessment data.
CSU-Global’s accredited online master’s degree in international management is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the field. The program consists of 8 three-credit core courses as part of a full 36-credit master’s degree. (Some Master of International Management students may also be required to take RES501 as part of their program if they have an undergraduate GPA below 3.00. In this case, the degree is 39 credits.)
- RES501: Fundamentals of Research and WritingThis course is only required for students who are accepted into this program with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00.
The primary purpose of this course is to help students entering graduate level programs at CSU-Global develop awareness of current and effective research and writing practices with the goal of implementing such practices into their writing and research projects. Students will learn what constitutes graduate level writing and research as well as how to communicate with colleagues in online professional forums. Students will also learn to effectively integrate writing and research skills into the writing projects they will pursue throughout their graduate level programs.
- ORG502: Effective Organizations—Theory and PracticeIn this course, students gain an understanding of managing operational and strategic issues in public and private organizations facing accelerated social, economic, and technological changes. Students will examine organizational theory, strategic thinking and management, and theories guiding decision making, leadership, organizational culture, and change management.
- ACT500: Managerial AccountingUnderstand and apply accounting information for effective financial decision making in the strategic planning process.
- MIM500: Business Strategy in the Global EconomyThis course addresses the role of international political and economic issues and the challenges facing trade and foreign business policies in developing nations which seek to attract business investments. Students evaluate the potential business opportunities and the risks associated with global expansion projects, as well as the role of labor and access to natural resources, and the utilization of International Monetary Fund (IMF) resources and foreign investment. Analyses of cultural, economic, societal, and political differences framed within the context of international commerce provide a background for strategic decisions.
- MIM510: International TradeThis course addresses the theory and role that international trade plays in economic integration and development through trade policy. Students review regional and country specific political agendas, including protectionism and sanctions, and gain an understanding of a multinational approach to trade regulations.United States.
- MIM520: Global Financial ManagementThis course examines the corporate financial management process, taking into account international variations relevant to conducting business globally. Topics include global financial markets, foreign exchange and derivatives markets, risks associated with foreign investment, and regulatory issues affecting foreign investment. Students discuss investment and financial exchange differences with a focus on limitation of loss and enhancement of returns.
- MIM530: Technology Management in the Global EconomyThis course encompasses the process of managing technology within the global business environment. Topics covered include voice, video, and data applications, as well as the roles of these tools in financial and competitive positioning for global market expansion. Students also learn to analyze future trends in technology and their effects on an organization.
- MIM560: International BusinessThis course examines the factors that affect international business. Topics include the analysis of a country for prospective business opportunities, including the assessment of internal cultural and societal characteristics, how economic policies and regulations relate to trade activities, natural resource, labor, and outsourcing opportunities and their influence on the advancement of multinational enterprises. Challenging and unique considerations in the formulation and execution of organizational expansion considerations are addressed.
- MIM580: Capstone - International Management In this capstone course, students apply international management knowledge to develop a business plan for an international organization. Topics include global expansion from a cultural perspective, regulatory constraints and benefits, human resources issues relating to hiring foreign-based employees, protectionism and trade, exchange rate and foreign investment, and the role of foreign politics in economic development. The comprehensive capstone project integrates content learned throughout the program.
All courses are taught by qualified instructors with current industry experience. Our instructors hold advanced degrees in their fields, and are specially trained to teach online, so you and your fellow students can think more critically about how the subject matter applies to real-world situations.
We will help you customize your online degree in international management by adding a specialization. Similar to a degree concentration, each specialization consists of four courses in your chosen area of interest.
Explore Your Specialization Options for Your Master’s in International Management:
- AccountingThe accounting program is ideal for students interested in pursuing advanced business opportunities in financial planning, bookkeeping, or accounting fields.
- Applied Business ManagementGain a competitive advantage and increase career prospects through this specialization or certificate of completion with a focus on practical business and management skills in accounting, financing, strategic development, organizational change, and more.
- Business IntelligenceThis program focused on utilizing data and interpreting trends in information to accomplish company objectives and goals.
- Criminal Justice LeadershipThe criminal justice field includes careers in security, courts, corrections, and forensics, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. The graduate level Criminal Justice Leadership program provides advanced management skills to further your professional development.
- FinanceIn this program, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.With a master’s degree from CSU-Global featuring a specialization in finance, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.
- Fraud ManagementThe Fraud Management program is ideal for financial specialists focused on the prevention of deceitful practices and activity through the effective management and protection of sensitive information.
- Healthcare AdministrationProfessionals interested in the management of healthcare facilities and departments should consider CSU-Global's online Healthcare Administration program in order to acquire knowledge and best practices for effective supervision and decision making in the healthcare field.
- Human Resource ManagementStudents interested in furthering their careers in the field of human resources should consider this program, which provides organizational management skills with an emphasis on personnel, staff training and development, policy and procedures, and more. This program is designed as an HRCI certification prep course.
- Human Resource PerformanceStudents who aim to improve an organization’s effectiveness through human resources should consider the Human Resource Performance program. Emphasis is on the successful management of organized labor employees in dynamic environments.
- Information TechnologyManagers, directors, and senior executives in information technology can gain vital knowledge to increase an organization’s efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace through the advanced IT strategies and implementation training provided by this program.
- Organizational Leadership and Change ManagementManagers, at any level or tenure, must be able to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of business. Students in this program gain the tools for career advancement by learning to thrive through market innovations and handle rapid organizational growth and change.
- Organizational Learning and PerformanceLearn to apply essential learning strategies and instructional design techniques in order to increase performance and accomplish organizational goals. Key topics include performance and delivery systems, assessment and evaluation, the use of learning technologies, and strategic planning and leadership.
- Project ManagementThis graduate level program in project management offers extensive leadership and skill development regarding improved organizational efficiency and performance. These courses include topic areas, practical skills, and knowledge aligned to professional certifications associated with the Project Management Institute (PMI) including the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and the Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- Strategic Innovation and Change ManagementThis program focuses on enhancing one’s ability to efficiently manage though the strategic implementation of change and evolution within a business or organization. Managers who effectively adapt to meet the needs of their environment are more likely to succeed.
Earning your master’s degree shows you have excellent critical thinking and decision making skills; earning it at CSU-Global means you are already pretty good at it. Our promise to you is an affordable education with low tuition rates guaranteed not to increase for as long as you are enrolled, with no student fees or out-of-state tuition upcharges.
We know you’re busy. But school can fit into your professional, family, and other life obligations. Our year round, 100% online classes give you the flexibility to learn and study when it’s most convenient for you.