CLICK TO CALL US »(800) 920-6723


Fill out the form below and we'll contact you and answer all of your questions.

* Required Fields

By submitting this form I agree that I can be contacted using the email or phone number that I provided.



In this Section

Share this Page

Tuition and Benefits Information for Active Duty Servicemembers and Veterans

The Harry W. Colmery Veterans Education Assistance Act of 2017, known as the “Forever GI Bill,” eliminated the prior 15-year deadline for using GI Bill education benefits. This means that recipients and their dependants will have access to these earned benefits for the rest of their lives.

But those using their GI Bill education benefits must still find ways to maximize the value of their resources. Rising tuition costs across the entire higher-education landscape challenges users to make the GI Bill resources cover as much of their education costs as possible -- and to receive maximum value from those benefits.

In recognition of challenges faced by those transitioning from military to civilian lives and careers, CSU-Global offers multiple options, including personalized degree programs, dedicated veteran support groups and advisors, and career-relevant learning outcomes.

Military Tuition Rates

To fulfill its mission as a military-friendly university, CSU-Global offers additional benefits for veterans, including military tuition assistance and special military tuition rates. This 10 percent discount is available to all:

  • Active duty servicemembers with a copy of current orders, an LES, or other document clearly identifying active duty status.
  • Military spouses and dependants.
  • Veterans (retired/separated personnel) with an honorable discharge providing a copy of a DD214 showing Character of Service depending on eligibility, tuition costs might be covered by available military benefits, and with our tuition guarantee, student costs will not increase as long as he/she is enrolled. Financial aid is also available to those who qualify.

Please note: CSU-Global is not a Yellow Ribbon Program school, as the Post-9/11 GI Bill covers all qualified military student tuition charges accrued at a public university, if the student is 100-percent post-9/11 eligible.

Visit gibill.va.gov for more information. For students going through the enrollment process, please call 855-753-9557. For continuing students, please call 877-900-2655 and select option 1 (undergraduate) or option 2 (graduate), to speak with a Student Advisor.

Military Benefits

Military benefits come in a variety of forms based on individual status, including tuition assistance and veteran’s education benefits, which include several types of GI Bill benefits. CSU-Global is a military-friendly online college and will defer tuition payment while military benefits are processing. However, if a student is not eligible for benefits, or has reduced benefits, he or she will be responsible for any charges that are not covered.

Education and Training Benefit Factsheets are available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and provide more information about the different types of educational benefits available.

If you have questions about the types of aid available, we encourage you to contact either the education office at your local military installation, or the Department of Veterans Affairs at 888-442-4551 or www.gibill.va.gov.

To speed up the military admissions process and ensure their military tuition rates and TA/VA paperwork is processed in a timely manner, applicants should review the following information and directions.

All Military Students

All new students must apply to CSU-Global Campus, submit official transcripts from all sources of credit, and receive a degree plan.

New military students must also complete and return the CSU-Global military information form through their student document center, as well as a copy of their DD-214s, indicating an honorable discharge, LES, or current orders. This documentation will ensure that students receive the proper billing rate, and that their benefits are processed in a timely fashion. Students who are going through the enrollment process can submit these forms to tuitionplanning@csuglobal.edu. Currently enrolled students can submit these forms directly to their assigned student advisors.

Students Using VA Education Benefits

To use your VA education benefits, you must first apply for them through http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/. The VA Regional Office in St. Louis, MO may take 8-12 weeks to process applications for educational benefits, so early registration is encouraged. If you are not sure which type of benefit you wish to use, contact the Office of Veteran’s Administration at 888-442-4451 with additional questions.

Once you’ve enrolled, submit a copy or screen shot of the completed application confirmation page to tuitionplanning@csuglobal.edu or your assigned Student Advisor to alert the university that you have completed your application for educational benefits.

Additional Student Responsibilities

Students using Chapter 30, Chapter 35, Chapter 1606, and Chapter 1607:

  • If you have not previously used education benefits, you must submit VA Form 22-1990 “Application for VA Educational Benefits” to VA. This form is available online at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/.
  • If you have used education benefits before, but wish to change your school, you must submit VA Form 22-1995 “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training” to VA. This form is available online at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/.

You are also responsible for reporting/updating your attendance to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.).

Students using Chapter 31:

First contact your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC), located within your nearest VA Regional Benefits Office. Once approved, follow your VRC's instructions for completing required paperwork. If you have already been approved, please send your VRC's contact information to tuitionplanning@csuglobal.edu, or directly to your assigned Student Advisor if you are a current student, so that your eligibility may be verified.

Students using Chapter 33:

  • If you have not previously used Chapter 33 benefits, you must submit VA Form 22-1990, “Application for VA Educational Benefits,” to VA. This form is available online at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/.
  • If you have used benefits before, but wish to change your school, you must submit VA Form 22-1995, “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training,” to VA. This form is available online at https://www.vets.gov/education/apply/.
  • If the person receiving benefits is not the servicemember, submit VA Form 22-1990-E, “Dependents’ Application for VA Educational Benefits,” to the Central VA regional office. This will only be processed after the benefits have been approved to be transferred by the Department of Defense.
  • Once all required documentation is received, CSU-Global Campus will electronically certify your enrollment through the VA Once system. Benefits are certified up to 2 weeks prior to the start of a term, based on course registration.

Military Tuition Assistance (Active Duty)

Admitted students must submit their Degree Plan to their Education Center (Army students will upload this form directly to GoArmyEd.com) in order to receive a TA Authorization Form. Please note that your TA Authorization Form must be obtained from your Education Center prior to the start of each course, and must be submitted no later than the 7th day of the term. For specific deadlines, please contact your education office at your local military installation.

Once your degree plan is approved, submit your TA Authorization Form to MilitaryTA@CSUGlobal.edu.

By signing the TA Authorization Form, you give your consent for CSU-Global to share information regarding your academic record with your branch of service, which is required in order to process your TA in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).

  • Different services have different TA education benefits. Each service sets a TA rate and governs the process for administering their TA program. If you have questions about your rate, please contact your Education Center.
  • For more information, review your branch’s specific TA policies: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard, and National Guard.

Contact Information

Department of Veterans Affairs

Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs with general questions about VA educational benefits, including how to complete forms: www.gibill.va.gov or 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551)

CSU-Global Campus Military Outreach and Benefits Office

For VA Certification and Student Advising:

New Student Contact Information:
Email: tuitionplanning@csuglobal.edu
Phone: 855-753-9557

Continuing Student Contact Information:
Email: Advising@CSUGlobal.edu
Phone: 720-249-0840

To submit your TA Authorization Form:
Email: MilitaryTA@CSUGlobal.edu
Fax: 720-249-0840


Fill out the form below and we'll contact you and answer all of your questions.

* Required Fields

By submitting this form, I agree that CSU-Global may contact me about educational services by phone/text message. Message and data rates may apply. I understand that my consent is not required to attend CSU-Global.