CSU Global’s online Degree program in Human Services provides you with the knowledge and skills to support people in various fragile populations such as children, people with mental health struggles, unhoused people, people with disabilities, and elders in need of care, among others.
Our nationally and professionally recognized Human Services program gives you the skills, knowledge, and real-world experience necessary to stand out from the field and advance your career.
The courses offered in this program also cover other helpful information and best practices essential for human services professionals, providing you with opportunities to:
- Prepare to work efficiently in various health and human services fields and be equipped with the expertise to successfully help individuals, families, groups, and organizations.
- Train with top instructors who also work in the human services sector.
- Learn about both public and private health and human services organizations.
CSU Global’s Bachelor’s of Science in Human Services will build your foundation of competencies across several critical support areas, including:
- Human development.
- Intervention methods.
- Case management.
- Human services administration.
By developing your understanding of programs designed to meet community and social welfare needs amongst varied and fragile populations, CSU Global’s Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services ensures you’ll gain the practical knowledge necessary for assisting others in individual, family, group, organization, and community settings.
Specific learning outcomes include:
- Apply critical and effective written communication, ethical standards, and analytical skills needed in the Human Services sector.
- Interpret the purpose and practical application of Human Services using relevant and current theories and methods.
- Describe the role and function of Human Services employment in both nonprofit and private organizations.
- Analyze the role and function of diversity in age, race, class, gender, and sexuality in the field of Human Services.
- Evaluate ethical, legal, and organizational influences in Human Services careers.
- Describe intervention and case management skills pertinent to the broad field of Human Services.
- Assess administrative responsibilities in human services organizations in working with fragile populations.
Upon graduating with your B.S. in Human Services, you can expect to be prepared to provide real value to any organization working to deliver assistance to vulnerable populations via psychology, rehabilitation, social work, and family support services. Completing our online Bachelor’s in Human Services program will prepare you for employment in, or promotion to, several excellent industry roles, including:
- Case worker
- Child advocate
- Social service liaison
- Behavioral management aide
- Substance abuse counselor
- Therapeutic assistant
- Probation officer