Your master’s degree in Human Resource Management can help you establish yourself as a leader in the field.
Through the hiring and development of staff, you are consequently setting up your organization for success. Learn to become a leader in the field of human resources with your online Master of Human Resources Management degree at Colorado State University-Global Campus and gain advanced knowledge of the art of managing employees.
This program is designed to prepare you for a wide variety of leadership roles within the field of human resources. In the program, you will learn how to lead dynamic and diverse teams, understand legal and ethical decision making, manage performance to achieve results, and strategically plan and execute human resource initiatives.
SHRM Certification and Exclusive CSU-Global Discounts
CSU-Global is committed to ensuring that our students remain knowledgeable and competitive in the human resources profession. In doing so, we’ve partnered with the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), the largest network human resource professionals in the world. Through our partnership with SHRM, CSU-Global can offer students phenomenal enhancements to their education and their career.
- Save $150 on SHRM student memberships! As a CSU-Global student, you can join SHRM for only $40 per year, that’s a $150 discount from their regular membership fee of $190.
Join more than 285,000 professionals from around the world who rely on SHRM for their HR solutions. As a member, you’ll get access to exclusive HR jobs, networking opportunities, insider information, customizable dashboard, and more resources to help you advance in the field.
+ Learn More
- Save $850 on SHRM’s Self-Study certification prep materials! Ace your SHRM-Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM-Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification exams at a fraction of the cost. These flexible prep materials regularly cost almost $900, but as a CSU-Global student you only pay $50.
Earning these certifications demonstrates to the global business community that you have strong capabilities in HR concepts and behavioral competencies. Stand out as a recognized expert and leader in the HR field.
+ Learn More
- Save 50% on SHRM certification exams! CSU-Global will pay 50% of your SHRM certification exam fee the first time you take the exam. Exam fees range from $300-$400 so you could save hundreds of dollars while advancing your career.
Contact your academic advisor to take advantage of these exclusive discount opportunities.
CSU-Global firmly believes in the value of earning your SHRM Certification and that’s why we’re here to help. Take advantage of these discounts and stand out amongst the crowd when you go for a job promotion, new position, or if you’re just starting your HR career.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, job growth for human resources managers is 13%, compared to the all-occupations average of 10%. This is only slightly above average, which means that if you're looking for a job in the field, you will want to stand out. That's where your online Master of Human Resource Management degree comes in.
As organizations grow and face increasingly complex and global challenges, they are seeking leaders who can help guide their futures, and who will help them thrive during difficult times. A master's degree in the field is a great way of demonstrating that you're the right person for the job.
CSU-Global's accredited Master of Human Resource Management program is specifically aligned with approved SHRM curriculum. If you're serious about a strong career in human resources, ensuring that your education is aligned with SHRM best practices is a great way to achieve your professional goals.
The most effective human resources managers are interested in...
- Administration and Management
- Effective Communication
- Customer and Personal Service
- Education and Training
Human Resource Management is one of the most valuable and indispensable skills in any organization. From government to manufacturing to non-profit, and everything in between, effective human resource management is essential.
If you are the person who can best guide an organization forward through training, staff management, and problem solving, fill out the short form on the right-hand side of this page to request more information. We'll work with you to help you hone and demonstrate your abilities with a master's degree.
We provide students with career-relevant resources to help them succeed outside of the classroom. That's why we created Awards of Completion and Skills Endorsements, specific to our programs of study, spotlighting the knowledge, skills, and abilities that hiring managers find essential to success in the field. Foundations of Human Resource Leadership and Strategic Human Resources Leadership for the 21st Century are two of the awards you can receive as part of our human resources program.
Earn Your Master's Degree In Human Resource Management
With CSU-Global's online Master of Human Resource Management degree program, you can grow to become a leader among leaders in the field of human resources.
Students will learn to manage complex operational and strategic issues in both public and private contexts; create guidelines for conduct and behavior expectations; study law, ethics, and corporate responsibility; resolve conflicts; employ performance appraisals; train employees in a diverse workplace; and much more. Additionally, this program is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
The Master of Human Resource Management prepares students for a wide variety of leadership roles within the field of human resources. Students will learn to utilize advanced theories in practical applications as they related to effective employee management and organizational objectives. Specific topics include leading dynamic and diverse teams, understanding legal and ethical decision making, managing performance to achieve results, and the strategic planning and execution of human resource initiatives. This program is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
- Manage operational and strategic issues related to social, economic, and technological changes in public and private organizations.
- Resolve conflict and create guidelines for conduct and behavior expectations, especially when related to law, ethics, and corporate responsibility.
- Administer human resource management and labor affairs such as collective bargaining and industrial relations.
- Recruit, hire, evaluate, and train employees in a diverse workplace through strategic planning and the development of organizational culture.
- Execute successful management and process outcomes utilizing performance appraisals, compensation, and training.
- Examine strategies, structures, and techniques to provide organizational improvements in a dynamic business environment.
Click here to view our learning outcomes assessment data.
CSU-Global’s accredited Online Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the field. The program consists of eight three-credit core courses as part of a full 36-credit master’s degree. (Some Master of Human Resource Management students may also be required to take RES501 as part of their program if they have an undergraduate GPA below 3.00. In this case, the degree is 39 credits.)
- RES501: Fundamentals of Research and WritingThis course is only required for students who are accepted into this program with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00.
The primary purpose of this course is to help students entering graduate level programs at CSU-Global develop awareness of current and effective research and writing practices with the goal of implementing such practices into their writing and research projects. Students will learn what constitutes graduate level writing and research as well as how to communicate with colleagues in online professional forums. Students will also learn to effectively integrate writing and research skills into the writing projects they will pursue throughout their graduate level programs.
- ORG502: Effective Organizations—Theory and PracticeIn this course, students gain an understanding of managing operational and strategic issues in public and private organizations facing accelerated social, economic, and technological changes. Students will examine organizational theory, strategic thinking and management, and theories guiding decision making, leadership, organizational culture, and change management.
- HRM500: Managing Human ResourcesAnalyze the implications of the recruitment, staffing, evaluation and development of employees in the strategic management of a high performance workforce. Examine the economics of labor and the effects of legislative and legal decisions in the administration and management of employees.
- HRM515: Legal and Human Resource Dimensions of Business ManagementThis course emphasizes the legal, human resource, and regulatory controls that define, promote and limit business practices. The legal ramifications are presented as a mechanism managers can use to resolve conflict, infer guidelines for conduct, and create bases for expectations. Fundamental interactions of law, ethics, and corporate social responsibility are emphasized. Topic areas include the business legal system, ethics, employer-employee relationship, contracts, small business ownership, and the legal environment of international business.
- HRM516: Effective Labor ManagementAnalyze the collective bargaining process and the impact of public policy on industrial relations. Understand the administrative functions of human resource management and the field of labor relations.
- HRM520: Managing Performance for ResultsUnderstand the design and execution of successful management and processes. Examine utilization and outcomes of performance appraisals, compensation, and training effectiveness.
- ORG555: Leading Diverse TeamsIn this course, students gain a comprehensive understanding of diversity as it applies to strategic planning, cultural change, and team dynamics. Students learn to identify the realities of developing and implementing diversity initiatives for the organization and the workforce, as well as explore emerging issues in diversity management.
- HRM522: Human Resource PlanningExamine the cross-cultural issues in managing organization behavior. From a global management perspective, explore bargaining behavior, recruitment, selection, training, and compensation issues.
- HRM580: Capstone - Human Resource ManagementThis capstone course provides students with the opportunity to apply the advanced theory and practice learned in the Human Resource Management graduate program. Students will demonstrate an understanding of the legal and human resource dimensions of business, effective labor management, leading diverse teams in a dynamic results oriented environment, and other key HR Management principles through the development of a comprehensive capstone project.
To ensure that you are learning the accounting practices relevant today, all courses are taught by qualified instructors with current industry experience. Our instructors hold advanced degrees in their fields, and are specially trained to teach online, so you and your fellow students can think more critically about how the subject matter applies to real-world situations.
We will help you customize your online degree in human resource management by adding a specialization. Similar to a degree concentration, each specialization consists of four courses in your chosen area of interest.
- AccountingThe accounting program is ideal for students interested in pursuing advanced business opportunities in financial planning, bookkeeping, or accounting fields.
- Applied Business ManagementGain a competitive advantage and increase career prospects through this specialization or certificate of completion with a focus on practical business and management skills in accounting, financing, strategic development, organizational change, and more.
- Business IntelligenceThis program focused on utilizing data and interpreting trends in information to accomplish company objectives and goals.
- Criminal Justice LeadershipThe criminal justice field includes careers in security, courts, corrections, and forensics, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. The graduate level Criminal Justice Leadership program provides advanced management skills to further your professional development.
- FinanceIn this program, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.With a master’s degree from CSU-Global featuring a specialization in finance, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.
- Fraud ManagementThe Fraud Management program is ideal for financial specialists focused on the prevention of deceitful practices and activity through the effective management and protection of sensitive information.
- Healthcare AdministrationProfessionals interested in the management of healthcare facilities and departments should consider CSU-Global's online Healthcare Administration program in order to acquire knowledge and best practices for effective supervision and decision making in the healthcare field.
- Information TechnologyManagers, directors, and senior executives in information technology can gain vital knowledge to increase an organization’s efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace through the advanced IT strategies and implementation training provided by this program.
- International ManagementIn today’s global marketplace, effective leadership in any industry requires special skills. Students interested in pursuing a career with multi-national strategic vision benefit from the skills and application of knowledge obtained in the International Management program.
- Organizational Leadership and Change ManagementManagers, at any level or tenure, must be able to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of business. Students in this program gain the tools for career advancement by learning to thrive through market innovations and handle rapid organizational growth and change.
- Organizational Learning and PerformanceLearn to apply essential learning strategies and instructional design techniques in order to increase performance and accomplish organizational goals. Key topics include performance and delivery systems, assessment and evaluation, the use of learning technologies, and strategic planning and leadership.
- Project ManagementThis graduate level program in project management offers extensive leadership and skill development regarding improved organizational efficiency and performance. These courses include topic areas, practical skills, and knowledge aligned to professional certifications associated with the Project Management Institute (PMI) including the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and the Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- Strategic Innovation and Change ManagementThis program focuses on enhancing one’s ability to efficiently manage though the strategic implementation of change and evolution within a business or organization. Managers who effectively adapt to meet the needs of their environment are more likely to succeed.
Earning your master’s degree shows you have excellent critical thinking and decision making skills. Earning it at CSU-Global means you are already have a grasp on the key skills you need in the human resources industry. Our promise to you is an affordable education with low tuition rates guaranteed not to increase for as long as you are enrolled, with no student fees or out-of-state tuition up charges.
We know you’re busy, but school can fit into your professional, family, and other life obligations. Our year-round, 100% online classes give you the flexibility to learn and study when it’s most convenient for you.
Fill out the form below and we'll contact you and answer all of your questions.
By submitting this form I agree that I can be contacted using the email or phone number that I provided.