Recently we wrote about what you can do with a degree in marketing, and here we’re going to explain everything you need to know about what a marketing degree is, what you’ll learn from a marketing degree program, and why you’d want to major in the subject.
We’ll also cover whether or not you need a degree to launch a career in the field, what jobs you can get after earning your bachelor’s in marketing, and why you should think about getting your degree online.
After you’ve read through the post, fill out our information request form to receive additional details about our 100% online Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing. If you’re ready to get started, submit your application today.
What Do Marketers Actually Do?
Marketers handle a variety of responsibilities, but their primary objective is to promote products, services, brands, individuals, ideas, or anything else to increase awareness and visibility.
To accomplish this objective, marketers:
- Research consumer behavior and conduct market research.
- Create promotional strategies and public relations campaigns.
- Select effective marketing mediums and channels.
- Tailor marketing messages to specific audiences and populations.
- Review performance and optimize strategies based on results.
As you might imagine, marketing isn’t a simple process, which is one of the reasons it’s so important to study the field before attempting to break into the industry.
Is Marketing a Good Career Field?
Yes, marketing is an excellent field and a perfect discipline for launching a lifelong career.
There are three core reasons to think about focusing your career aspirations on marketing:
- Demand for marketers is strong, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment for advertising, promotions, and marketing managers will grow by 10% between 2020 and 2030.
- Marketing is an excellent option for anyone who wants to play a critical role in driving organizational success.
- The best jobs in marketing tend to pay quite well, with the BLS reporting advertising, promotions, and marketing managers earning an average median salary of $141,490 in 2020.
If you’re serious about launching a lifelong career, marketing is an excellent industry that should rank near the top of your list of potential options.
Do I Need a Degree to Get Into Marketing?
Anyone looking for more than an entry-level role in the field will almost certainly want to study marketing in an academic setting, and the most common and most efficient way to do that is to enroll in a bachelor’s program.
It is possible to get a job in marketing without a degree, but the odds of getting a good job will rise considerably after you’ve completed a bachelor’s in the field.
The purpose of getting your degree is it will provide you with the opportunity to study marketing’s most common challenges so that you can learn how to overcome them.
Getting your degree will give you the chance to develop the skills, abilities, and knowledge needed to succeed as a professional marketer, setting yourself up for a successful, lifelong career in the field.
What Will I Learn in a Marketing Degree Program?
Whether you’re brand new to the industry or you’ve got some experience as a marketer, completing a marketing degree is simply the best way to prepare yourself for a successful career in marketing.
CSU Global’s 100% online Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing is designed to provide you with all the experience, knowledge, and skills you need to operate as a professional marketer, including training you on core competencies, like:
- Strategic planning
- Public relations
- Creative services
Specific learning outcomes for our marketing degree program include:
- Understanding consumer behavior, defining target markets, identifying and evaluating key market segments, and demonstrating knowledge of the marketing mix (product, place, price, and promotion).
- Using market research tools to estimate market potential, run exploratory and descriptive research, forecast demand, and clearly communicate research findings.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the technological, web-based, and global developments that have dramatically impacted marketing strategies and processes.
- Determining appropriate best practices and strategies for ethical marketing decision-making and behavior.
What Jobs Can I Get With a Bachelor’s in Marketing?
After completing your Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, you’ll be eligible for a wide array of excellent roles, including positions like:
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Manager / 2020 Median Pay: $141,490
- Sales Manager / 2020 Median Pay: $132,290
- Market Research Analyst / 2020 Median Pay: $65,810
- Public Relations Specialist / 2020 Median Pay: $62,810
- Advertising Sales Agent / 2020 Mean Pay: $68,040
This is only an abbreviated list of the many jobs available to marketing graduates.
There are hundreds or even thousands of niche, specialty marketing positions that you’d be able to pursue after completing your bachelor's degree.
Getting your degree in marketing will open many potential career doors, providing you with far more options than you would have without a degree.
Should I Get My Marketing Degree Online?
Yes, you should consider studying marketing online, since an online degree program will provide far more flexibility and freedom compared to a traditional in-person program.
At CSU Global, our 100% online B.S. in Marketing Degree program is significantly more convenient than studying on-campus, because we designed our program specifically for busy adults.
Choosing to study with us means that you’ll get to take advantage of:
- No set times or locations for classes.
- Monthly class starts.
- Accelerated, eight-week courses.
Accordingly, our students tend to have a much easier time juggling their work and family responsibilities with new educational pursuits.
If you’ve already got a busy schedule, but you’re driven to find a way to work a degree program into the mix, then you’ll certainly want to consider studying online with us.
Why Should I Choose CSU Global’s Criminal Justice Program?
Our online Bachelor’s Degree program in Marketing is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, which is the most respected accreditation possible, and holds excellent rankings, including:
- A #2 ranking on Most Affordable Online Bachelor's in Marketing from The Best Schools.
- A #2 ranking on The 20 Best Online Bachelors Degrees in Marketing from Best Marketing Degrees.
This program was also designed specifically to provide you with the foundational knowledge and skills you need to succeed as a marketing professional.
We focus on providing you with workplace-relevant knowledge and skills, and all of our marketing faculty have recent, real-world experience in the field to ensure that you’re learning the latest best practices so that the academic work you put in will provide real value in the workplace.
Furthermore, CSU Global itself has achieved several important rankings of its own, including:
- A #1 ranking for Best Online Colleges & Schools in Colorado from Best Accredited Colleges.
- A #1 ranking for Best Online Colleges in Colorado from Best Colleges.
- A #10 ranking for Best Online Colleges for ROI from OnlineU.
Finally, we offer competitive tuition rates and a Tuition Guarantee to ensure that your tuition rate won’t increase, helping you save on your education.
To get additional details about our fully-accredited online Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing program, please give us a call at (800) 462-7845, or fill out our Information Request Form.
Ready to get started today? Apply now!