By CSU Global - September 10th, 2020
What Can I Do With a Healthcare Administration Master’s Degree?
Getting your Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration (MHA) will prepare you for a variety of leadership and managerial roles in the industry.
Earning an MHA degree will equip with you with the skills needed to complete the types of tasks that professional healthcare administrators are regularly asked to perform, including:
- Improving the quality of healthcare service delivery.
- Staying current on healthcare policy, laws, and regulations.
- Interpreting financial budgets and managing operational costs.
- Creating strategic plans for healthcare enterprises.
- Organizing healthcare facility records, maintaining confidentiality, security, and accessibility.
Why Should you Get an MHA?
Completing an MHA program develops your leadership skills, adds to your core-competency knowledge, enhances your analytical abilities, and hones the management tools you’ll need to lead a healthcare organization, while also making you more marketable and hirable.
Enrolling in an online master’s degree in healthcare administration is one of the best ways to gain a better understanding and awareness of the U.S. healthcare delivery system, healthcare policy, healthcare laws, and other issues, and to prepare for an excellent job in the industry.
What Jobs Can I Get With a Master’s In Healthcare Administration?
Most healthcare administration professionals work in state, local, or private hospitals, but they also find positions in ambulatory services, nursing and residential care facilities, government agencies (CDC, NIH, FDA, etc.), as well as in PPOs and HMOs.
Getting your Master’s in Healthcare Administration will prepare you for employment with, or a promotion into a role such as:
- Medical and Health Services Manager
- Administrative Services Manager
- General and Operations Manager
- Practice Administrator
- Medical Staff Credentialing Analyst
- Managed Care Director
- Program Manager
- Hospital HR Manager
How Long Does it Take to Get a Master’s in Healthcare Administration?
Typically, our MHA can be completed in around two years.
The time it takes to finish your degree requirements will be dependent on how quickly you work through the required courses.
CSU Global’s MHA requires 24 credits of Core Degree Courses and 12 credits of Degree Specialization Courses.
Our Graduate Degree Specializations allow you to customize your program to add more value and expertise in a specific subject area that matches your professional goals or personal interests.
Some Specializations you may want to consider include:
- Applied Business Management
- Information Technology
- Population Health
- Cyber Security
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Learning and Performance
- Project Management
- Fraud Management
- Human Resource Performance
CSU Global also makes it easy to pursue a relevant Graduate Certificate while working toward your MHA, allowing you to further enhance your marketability for related roles.
Some of the more popular Certificates for our MHA students include:
- Certificate in Strategic Digital Information Marketing
- Certificate in Project Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in Cyber Security
Is a Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration Worth It?
Master’s Degrees in Healthcare Administration are a valuable investment in your career. While they may take hard work and dedication, getting your degree in healthcare administration is a great way to secure your financial future.
But is getting a master’s in healthcare administration really worth it? According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), medical and health service managers roles are projected to grow 18% from 2018 to 2028, which is much faster than the average for all occupations.
BLS also reports that medical and health service managers command excellent salaries, with a 2019 median salary reported to be $100,980 per year.
Clearly, earning a master’s degree in healthcare administration is worth it, as completing the program can help advance your career by positioning you as both an expert and leader in the field.
Why Should You Choose CSU Global’s Online MHA?
You should choose CSU Global’s online MHA for each of following reasons:
- CSU Global’s MHA is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
- CSU Global’s MHA was ranked #2 Best Online Master’s in Healthcare Administration by Best Health Degrees, #4 Best Online Master’s in Healthcare Administration by Best Master’s Programs, and it also received Top 10 rankings from Best College Reviews, The Best Schools, and Top Masters in Healthcare.
- CSU Global’s MHA graduates report an average pay increase of 11.23% one year after earning their degree.
Furthermore, CSU Global’s online MHA can be completed 100% online, with no set times or locations, monthly class starts, and accelerated courses to make it easier to juggle your education, work and family responsibilities.
To get additional details about our fully accredited, 100% online Master’s in Healthcare Administration, please give us a call at 800-462-7845, or fill out our Information Request Form.
Ready to get started today? Apply now!
Colorado State University Global is committed to advancing student academic and professional success in a global society, by providing access to dynamic education characterized by excellence, innovative delivery technologies, industry relevance, and strong stakeholder engagement.