Take Your Career to the Next Level With an Online Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership
You’re already an effective employee who colleagues rely on to make difficult decisions while carefully considering the goals and values of your organization.
But, if you’re ready to assume more advanced leadership roles, you should consider completing CSU Global’s online Master’s Degree Program in Organizational Leadership.
CSU Global’s online Master’s of Science in Organizational Leadership will prepare you for business needs organizations face today, and those anticipated to be needed in the future, and include specific emphasis on organizational structure, culture, the leadership of diverse teams, decision making, and communication.
As an organizational leadership student, your coursework will prepare you to lead dynamic organizations through complex global changes. Gain the strategic knowledge you need to exceed organizational needs by learning how to develop people and processes, as well as how to design and implement comprehensive organizational initiatives.
SHRM Curriculum Alignment
CSU Global’s Master Degree Program in Organizational Leadership curriculum is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates. CSU Global students are eligible to be a student member of SHRM at a discounted cost. Additionally, alignment with SHRM potentially might allow a CSU Global student to apply for the SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) exam. Contact your student success counselor or the SHRM advisor (shrm.advisor [at] csuglobal.edu) to learn more.
Courses in this Program
CSU Global’s accredited online Master of Science in Organizational Leadership requires the completion of 36 total credits, including a mix of 24 core degree credits and 12 specialization credits.
ORG504 - Leadership and Organizational Design
ORG515 - Leadership Power in Organizations
ORG525 - Leadership Strategy and Decision Making
ORG530 - Organizational Ethics and Social Responsibility
ORG536 - Leading Organizational Communication Planning
ORG550 - Executives in Organizations
ORG555 - Organizational Behavior and Inclusivity
ORG561 - Contemporary Leadership
ORG521 - Organizational Change and Forecasting
When you earn your master's degree through CSU Global, you will customize it with a graduate specialization in a subject that matches your professional goals or personal interests.
Most Popular Specializations:
- Project Management
- Strategic Innovation and Change Management
- Human Resource Management
- Organizational Learning and Performance
- Applied Business Management
Additional Available Specializations for this Program:
Organizational leadership combines an understanding of human behavior with effective strategy development. Alumni from our online Master’s in Organizational Leadership can expect to develop the following skills:
- Analyze how individuals and groups interact within organizations.
- Develop strategies that support stakeholders and enhance organizational capacity.
- Evaluate how human behavior within organizations affects leadership, communication, ethics, and decision-making.
- Evaluate lifelong learning to advance a cohesive culture within an organization.
- Assess the current challenges of organizational leadership in historical and current contexts.
- Analyze theories of leadership within personal and professional contexts.
- Justify leadership competencies through organizational leadership theory and practice.
- Anticipate technological needs within socially responsible organizations.
As a not-for-profit public university, our goal at CSU Global is to make your online tuition cost as affordable as possible. We offer low-cost online degree tuition rates without taking anything away from the quality of the education you receive. We also lock in that low tuition rate with our tuition guarantee, and we provide additional discounted tuition rates for members of the armed forces and employees of our corporate affiliate partners.
Learn more about CSU Global tuition rates and explore financial aid options available that can help cover the cost of your education.
Frequently Asked Questions
Getting your Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership may help you climb the career ladder, making you eligible for better, more leadership-oriented roles at organizations of all types, including private companies, public corporations, nonprofit organizations, and state and federal government agencies.
Organizational Leadership master’s programs prepare you to become the person whom organizations and businesses rely on to make important decisions, including spearheading vital initiatives like:
- Implementing new programs.
- Budgeting and cutting costs.
- Training employees and developing internal policies.
- Conducting business research and organizational innovation.
Whether you already have experience in leadership roles, or you’re looking to enhance your resume to improve the chances of landing one, getting your M.S. in organizational leadership may be an excellent way to improve your marketability with potential employers.
Getting a Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership will prepare you for a variety of leadership and management roles, ensuring you’ll bring value to any organization from day one.
The courses you complete will provide you with all the skills and abilities needed to take on the daily job duties required of professional organizational leaders, including:
- Maintaining and optimizing organizational structure.
- Building and improving organizational culture.
- Leading diverse teams of people.
- Making difficult, but important decisions.
- Communicating clearly with employees at every level of an organization, including stakeholders, executives and employees.
Completing an organizational leadership master’s degree will help open up a variety of leadership and managerial roles from a variety of different industries, with options for career advancement into positions like:
Top Executives / 2019 Median Pay: $104,690
Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers / 2019 Median Pay: $135,900
Human Resources Managers / 2019 Median Pay: $116,720
General and Operations Managers / 2019 Median Pay: $123,030
Postsecondary Education Administrators / 2019 Median Pay: $95,410
Yes. CSU Global’s online Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, and its curriculum is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
Our program was designed to be completed entirely online, with no set times or locations, monthly class starts, and accelerated courses to make it the perfect option for those who are attempting to juggle education, with work and family responsibilities.
Yes. Completing a Master’s Program in Organizational Leadership is a valuable investment in your career, and could play a significant role in helping contribute to your overall career advancement.
Organizational Leadership master’s programs serve as preparation for leadership opportunities in a variety of different types of organizations, and earning your M.S. in Organizational Leadership may help you continue to climb the career ladder.
Why should you consider getting your Master’s in Organizational Leadership online with CSU Global?
- Our program is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and its curriculum is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
- 93% of alumni from our Master’s in Organizational Leadership program report working in their field.
- The most popular job titles as reported by our program’s alumni are Human Resources Manager, Project Manager, and Operations Manager.
- Our program won a #3 ranking for Best Online Master’s in Organizational Management Programs from Online Masters.
- Our M.S. in Organizational Leadership program also won a Top 10 ranking for Best Online Master’s in Organizational Leadership Programs from The Best Schools.
93% of Alumni Working in Their Field
Alumni from CSU Global’s online Master’s in Organizational Leadership report extremely high rates of working in the field after graduation.
Common Job Titles
The top three titles as reported by CSU Global’s Master’s Degree in Organizational Leadership alumni include: HR Manager, Project Manager, and Operations Manager.
$179k+ Median Salary
According to the BLS, the average annual salary for chief executives in 2021 was over $179k.
Program Accreditations and Rankings
CSU Global is proud to offer affordable, reputable programs that have received recognition for their quality, value, and more. Click here to learn more about our rankings and acknowledgments.
Best Online Master's in Organizational Leadership
Ranked #10 on Intelligent's list of Best Online Master's in Organizational Leadership Programs of 2022.
Best No GRE Master’s Degrees for 2020
CSU Global was ranked #2 on Best Master's Programs’ Top No GRE Master's Programs list.
Top 50 Affordable Master’s in Leadership
CSU Global was ranked #9 on College Values Online Top 50 Affordable Master’s in Leadership Online.
Want To Know More?
Ready to learn more about how to move forward with CSU Global? Complete the form below and we’ll be in touch to answer any questions and help you get started.
Regional accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) means your degree comes from a top-quality, trusted university.
As a current leader, I have been able to apply the lessons and skills learned in my coursework immediately in the workplace and it has helped me in many ways.M.S. in Organizational Leadership
CSU Global's Master's in Organizational Leadership
Let's Get Started Together
You don't even have to fill out your application alone. Our Enrollment Counselors are standing by to help if you need us.