Tuition and Benefits Information for Active Duty Servicemembers and Veterans
To fulfill its mission as a military friendly university, CSU-Global offers special benefits to veterans, including tuition assistance for military and special military tuition rates. This 10% discount is available to all:
- Active duty servicemembers with a copy of current orders, an LES, or other document clearly identifying active duty status
- Military spouses and dependants
- Veterans (retired/separated personnel) with an honorable discharge providing a copy of a DD214 showing Character of Service
Depending on your eligibility, tuition costs might be covered by your available military benefits, and with our Tuition Guarantee, your costs will not increase as long as you are enrolled. Financial Aid is also available for those who qualify.
Please note: CSU-Global is not a Yellow Ribbon Program school, as the Post-9/11 GI Bill covers all tuition charges for a public university for military students who qualify.
Visit gibill.va.gov for more information or call 800-462-7845, extension 7, to speak with a military advisor.
Military benefits come in a variety of forms based on your status, including tuition assistance and veteran’s education benefits. CSU-Global is a military friendly online college and will defer tuition payment while your military benefits are processing. However, if you are not eligible for benefits, or have reduced benefits, you will be responsible for any charges that are not covered.
Review the Education and Training Benefit Factsheets available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for more information about the different types of educational benefits available.
If you have questions about the types of aid available, we encouraged you to contact either the education office at your local military installation, or the Department of Veterans Affairs at 888-442-4551 or www.gibill.va.gov.
To speed up the military admission process and ensure your military tuition rate and TA/VA paperwork is processed in a timely manner, please review the following information and directions.
All Military Students
All new students must apply to CSU-Global Campus, submit official transcripts from all sources of credit and receive a degree plan.
New military students must also complete and return the CSU-Global Military Information Form through their student document center. Please also submit a copy of your military ID, DD-214, or current orders. This documentation will ensure that you receive the proper billing rate and that your benefits are processed in a timely fashion. You can submit this documentation to MilitaryAdvising@CSUGlobal.edu.
Students Using VA Education Benefits
To use your VA education benefits, you must first apply for them through http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/. The VA Regional Office in St. Louis, MO may take 8-12 weeks to process applications for educational benefits, so early registration is encouraged. If you are not sure which type of benefit you wish to use, contact the Office of Veteran’s Administration at 888-442-4451 with additional questions.
Once you’ve enrolled, submit a copy of your VONAPP to MilitaryAdvising@CSUGlobal.edu to alert the university that you have completed your application for educational benefits.
Additional Student Responsibilities
Students using Chapter 30, Chapter 35, Chapter 1606, and Chapter 1607:
- If you have not previously used education benefits, you must submit VA Form 22-1990 “Application for VA Educational Benefits” to VONAPP. This form is available online at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp.
- If you have used education benefits before, but wish to change your school or degree program, you must submit VA Form 22-1995 “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training” to VONAPP. This form is available online at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp.
You are also responsible for reporting/updating your attendance to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.).
Students using Chapter 31:
First contact your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC), located within your nearest VA Regional Benefits Office. Once approved, follow your VRC's instructions for completing required paperwork. If you have already been approved, please send your VRC's contact information to MilitaryAdvising@CSUGlobal.edu, so that your eligibility may be verified.
Students using Chapter 33:
- If you have not previously used Chapter 33 benefits, you must submit VA Form 22-1990, “Application for VA Educational Benefits,” to VONAPP. This form is available online at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp.
- If you have used benefits before, but wish to change your school or degree program, you must submit VA Form 22-1995, “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training,” to VONAPP. This form is available online at http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp.
- If the person receiving benefits is not the servicemember, submit VA Form 22-1990-E, “Dependents’ Application for VA Educational Benefits,” to the Central VA regional office.
Admitted students must submit their Degree Plan to their Education Center (Army students will upload this form directly to GoArmyEd.com) in order to receive a TA Authorization Form.
Please note that your TA Authorization Form must be obtained from your Education Center prior to the start of each course.
Once your degree plan is approved, submit your TA Authorization Form to MilitaryTA@CSUGlobal.edu.
By signing the TA Authorization Form, you give your consent for CSU-Global to share information regarding your academic record with your branch of service, which is required in order to process your TA in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
- Different services have different TA education benefits. Each service sets a TA rate and governs the process for administering their TA program. If you have questions about your rate, please contact your Education Center.
- For more information, review your branch’s specific TA policies: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard.
Department of Veterans Affairs
Contact the Department of Veterans Affairs with general questions about VA educational benefits, including how to complete forms: www.gibill.va.gov or 888-GIBILL-1 (888-442-4551)
CSU-Global Campus Military Outreach and Benefits Office
For VA Certification and Student Advising:
Toll-Free: 1-800-462-7845, extension 7
Phone: 720-279-0162 (direct)
After submitting your paperwork to VONAPP, send a copy of your 22-1990 or 22-1995 to this office. Once all required documentation is received, CSU-Global Campus will submit VA Form 22-1999, “Enrollment Certification,” on your behalf. Once submitted, the timeline to process your benefits before you can begin classes is approximately 3 weeks.
To submit your TA Authorization Form:
Phone: 720-279-1146 (direct)
Fill out the form below and we'll contact you and answer all of your questions.
By submitting this form I agree that I can be contacted using the email or phone number that I provided.