Your leadership role in information technology management awaits, and earning your master’s degree might just be what you need to stand out from the crowd.
Take your love of computers and information further by earning your online master’s degree in information technology management from CSU-Global. Through this program, you learn to lead in the fast-paced technology sector of today’s global organizations.
This program is designed to prepare you for a wide variety of leadership roles within technology-rich environments. You will learn to apply global perspectives and essential leadership tools to the planning and efficient implementation of IT operations to meet organizational objectives.
We are proud to have partnered with CompTIA to bring students discounted rates when registering for any CompTIA exam. Contact us today to learn more about these reduced exam fees and how they apply to you.
Since the information technology industry is vast and growing, the responsibilities of professionals in the industry vary. Some of the responsibilities may include:
- Installing, upgrading, and repairing network hardware and software
- Maintain security systems
- Collect data to evaluate system performance
- Solve problems using monitoring systems
- Research new technology
- Create a data communication network plan
- Debug and fix program errors
- Build computer-assisted software engineering tools
Typically, successful information technology professionals are hands-on problem solvers, excellent at multitasking, and detail-oriented, independent, and analytical thinkers.
We provide students with career-relevant resources to help them succeed outside of the classroom. That's why we created Awards of Completion and Skills Endorsements, specific to our programs of study, spotlighting the knowledge, skills, and abilities that hiring managers find essential to success in the field. Decision Making and Problem Solving in Information Technology and Leadership and Strategic Information Technology Management in the 21st Century are two of the awards you can receive as part of our information technology program.
Earn Your Master of Information Technology Management
Learn the ins and outs of an ever-changing and growing industry with a degree in information technology from CSU-Global.
You will become proficient in new, innovative technologies and prepare yourself for professional certification exams that will enhance your value in the job market.
Throughout the program you will acquire technical skills in programming and technology troubleshooting, learn to recommend software and hardware systems for organizations, and learn to work both independently and with others to meet the technology goals of an organization.
Fill out the short form on the right to speak to an Enrollment Counselor and get started today.
The Master of Information Technology Management program is designed to prepare students for a wide variety of leadership roles within technology-rich environments. The program focuses on applying global perspectives and essential leadership tools to the strategic planning and efficient implementing of IT operations to meet organizational objectives. Through an increased understanding and awareness of the effective use of technical advancements at the enterprise level, graduates of this program will be prepared for positions as information technology managers or senior leaders in technology-driven industries.
- Demonstrate technical knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Apply effective and efficient technological solutions to issues in a complex enterprise.
- Evaluate the potential ethical and legal ramifications of information technology in a complex organization and on society.
- Align organizational and IT objectives for optimal accomplishment of common strategic business goals by utilizing internal staff, vendors, partners, and consultants.
- Recommend and execute technology-based solutions that are aligned with strategic and operational objectives of the organization.
- Communicate IT plans and recommendations to decision-making groups and others.
Click here to view our learning outcomes assessment data.
The Master of Information Technology Management program consists of 8 three-credit core courses, listed in the suggested order of completion:
- RES500: Fundamentals of Quantitative AnalysisThis course is only required for students who are accepted into this program with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00.
This course explores four major components of research for graduate programs: academic writing, business research and descriptive statistics, fundamentals of accounting analysis, and fundamentals of financial analysis. The course is not intended to provide an in-depth study of these components but provides basic knowledge to support intensive learning that will occur in the core courses of their programs.
- ISM501: IT ManagementThis course prepares students to analyze organizational issues in information technology (IT) and proposed the necessary solutions to address business needs. Students gain a detailed understanding of how to manage, oversee, plan and maintain IT systems and resources. Students also learn how to effectively manage IT professionals as either employees or outside consultants. Topics include: IT management principles, IT risk management, project management, systems maintenance and leadership.
- ISM511: Managing Virtualized and Cloud SystemsThis course prepares students to manage and develop technology solutions utilizing both virtualized and cloudbased systems. Students gain an understanding of various virtualization technologies and how they should be implemented. Additionally students evaluate a variety of cloudbased solutions and providers to increase organizational efficiency, redundancy and business continuity. Topics include: comparison of cloud-providers and technologies, the implementation and maintenance of virtualized infrastructure and servers and how to design fault-tolerant systems with virtualization technology.
- ISM521: Management Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) SystemsThis course prepares students to design, evaluate and manage enterprise-level systems commonly used in mission critical applications. Students gain knowledge in a variety of common enterprise resource planning (ERP) applications such as payroll, budgeting, human resources, inventory and sales. Topics include systems selection, maintenance and planning. Additionally the ability to compare and contrast distinct service providers is also presented.
- ISM525: Ethical Considerations in Managing Information TechnologyThis course provides information about the ethical considerations and issues that IT professionals encounter in the workplace given their exposure to data, various forms of electronic communication, and other types of information. Students will evaluate and interpret information technology policies and regulations and discuss the implications for ethical decisions by IT professionals and IT leadership.
- ISM545: Information Technology Auditing and AssuranceThis course provides students with a foundation and understanding of IT auditing services used in mid-sized to large organizations. Students will focus on security, integrity, and availability of information systems while integrating financial, performance, and operational auditing and assurance services.
- ISM550: Information Systems and SecurityThis course presents a broad overview of possible issues and dangers that can compromise information systems in the workplace. Students learn the roles, responsibilities, and essential tools needed by IT Managers to secure an organization's data and operations.
- ISM561: Business Continuity and Disaster RecoveryThis course cover a variety of concepts in the areas of business continuity and disaster recover. Students gain an understanding of business continuity strategies, business impact analysis, recovery point objectives (RTO and RPO), planning techniques and also how to recover from disasters. Topics include risk assessment, fault tolerance, risk acceptance, risk transfer, backup strategies, off-site storage and business resilience.
- ISM581: Capstone — Information Technology ManagementThe capstone course allows the students to review an organization’s needs and address all the challenges involved with implementing and or changing information technology in a complex organization. Students will analyze organizational objectives and propose a solution and a full implementation plan. The proposed solution must address strategies for overcoming the challenges of IT related projects such as assessing risks, reduction of funding, and keeping the support of executive management. Students will utilize skills gained throughout the program to demonstrate the ability to design an IT project from conception to post deployment.
To ensure that you are learning the accounting practices relevant today, all courses are taught by qualified instructors with current industry experience. Our instructors hold advanced degrees in their fields, and are specially trained to teach online, so you and your fellow students can think more critically about how the subject matter applies to real-world situations.
We will help you customize your online degree in information technology management by adding a specialization. Similar to a degree concentration, each specialization consists of four courses in your chosen area of interest.
- AccountingThe accounting program is ideal for students interested in pursuing advanced business opportunities in financial planning, bookkeeping, or accounting fields.
- Applied Business ManagementGain a competitive advantage and increase career prospects through this specialization or certificate of completion with a focus on practical business and management skills in accounting, financing, strategic development, organizational change, and more.
- Business IntelligenceThis program focused on utilizing data and interpreting trends in information to accomplish company objectives and goals.
- Criminal Justice LeadershipThe criminal justice field includes careers in security, courts, corrections, and forensics, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. The graduate level Criminal Justice Leadership program provides advanced management skills to further your professional development.
- Cyber SecurityGain a comprehensive understanding of how to recognize threats, prevent cybercrime, and secure vital organizational data.
- FinanceIn this program, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.With a master’s degree from CSU-Global featuring a specialization in finance, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.
- Fraud ManagementThe Fraud Management program is ideal for financial specialists focused on the prevention of deceitful practices and activity through the effective management and protection of sensitive information.
- Healthcare AdministrationProfessionals interested in the management of healthcare facilities and departments should consider CSU-Global's online Healthcare Administration program in order to acquire knowledge and best practices for effective supervision and decision making in the healthcare field.
- Human Resource ManagementStudents interested in furthering their careers in the field of human resources should consider this program, which provides organizational management skills with an emphasis on personnel, staff training and development, policy and procedures, and more. This program is designed as an HRCI certification prep course.
- Human Resource PerformanceStudents who aim to improve an organization’s effectiveness through human resources should consider the Human Resource Performance program. Emphasis is on the successful management of organized labor employees in dynamic environments.
- Organizational Leadership and Change ManagementManagers, at any level or tenure, must be able to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of business. Students in this program gain the tools for career advancement by learning to thrive through market innovations and handle rapid organizational growth and change.
- Organizational Learning and PerformanceLearn to apply essential learning strategies and instructional design techniques in order to increase performance and accomplish organizational goals. Key topics include performance and delivery systems, assessment and evaluation, the use of learning technologies, and strategic planning and leadership.
- Project ManagementThis graduate level program in project management offers extensive leadership and skill development regarding improved organizational efficiency and performance. These courses include topic areas, practical skills, and knowledge aligned to professional certifications associated with the Project Management Institute (PMI) including the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and the Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- Strategic Innovation and Change ManagementThis program focuses on enhancing one’s ability to efficiently manage though the strategic implementation of change and evolution within a business or organization. Managers who effectively adapt to meet the needs of their environment are more likely to succeed.
Earning your master’s degree shows you have excellent critical thinking and decision making skills. Earning it at CSU-Global means you already have a firm grasp these important leadership skills. Our promise to you is an affordable education with low tuition rates guaranteed not to increase for as long as you are enrolled, with no student fees or out-of-state tuition up charges.
We know you’re busy, but school can fit into your professional, family, and other life obligations. Our year-round, 100% online classes give you the flexibility to learn and study when it’s most convenient for you.
Fill out the form below and we'll contact you and answer all of your questions.
By submitting this form I agree that I can be contacted using the email or phone number that I provided.