Your leadership role in healthcare administration and management awaits. Gain the knowledge and skills required to be a successful manager in the public and private healthcare sector.
Stand out in the busy, ever-changing and sometimes confusing field of healthcare administration and management. Build upon your existing experience and set yourself up to advance your career in this growing industry. This program is designed to prepare students like you for a wide variety of leadership roles within the healthcare industry.
The program incorporates leadership skills, knowledge, analytical abilities, global perspective, and management tools you need to effectively and efficiently lead and manage in both private and public healthcare organizations.
Earning your master’s degree shows that you have excellent critical thinking and decision making skills. Earning it at CSU-Global means you're already pretty good at it. Our promise to you is an affordable education with low tuition rates guaranteed not to increase for as long as you are enrolled, and no student fees or out-of-state tuition up charges.
We know you’re busy, but school can fit into your professional, family, and other life obligations. Our year-round, 100% online classes give you the flexibility to learn and study when it’s most convenient for you.
CSU-Global’s accredited Online Master’s Degree in Healthcare Administration and Management is designed to provide you with a practical knowledge of the field. The program consists of 8 three-credit core courses as part of a full 36-credit master’s degree. (Some Master of Healthcare Administration and Management students may also be required to take RES501 as part of their program if they have an undergraduate GPA below 3.00. In this case, the degree is 39 credits.)
- RES501: Fundamentals of Research and WritingThis course is only required for students who are accepted into this program with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00.
The primary purpose of this course is to help students entering graduate level programs at CSU-Global develop awareness of current and effective research and writing practices with the goal of implementing such practices into their writing and research projects. Students will learn what constitutes graduate level writing and research as well as how to communicate with colleagues in online professional forums. Students will also learn to effectively integrate writing and research skills into the writing projects they will pursue throughout their graduate level programs.
- HCM500: The U.S. Healthcare System This course provides an in-depth overview of the United States Healthcare System from both a micro and macro level with a special emphasis on the integration of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act passed in 2010. An introduction to the definitions, concepts about the system as well as current and future trends in healthcare delivery are considered. Topic areas include: history, organization of the system, operational characteristics, funding mechanisms and current regulatory activities.
- HCM502: Organizational Behavior and Human Resources in HealthcareThis course focuses on the application of theory to develop the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage individuals and groups in healthcare organizations. Topics include human behavior, human resource management and labor relation policies.
- HCM515: Health Law and EthicsThis course explores the legal and ethical challenges inherent in the administration of healthcare services. Topics include governmental regulation of healthcare false claims, fraud and abuse, antitrust compliance and litigation, informed consent, principals and legal basis for hospital governance and healthcare malpractice insurance.
- HCM520: Quality and Performance Improvement in HealthcareThis course is an in-depth examination of the relationships between healthcare quality and organizational performance. Students are introduced to quality improvement and patient safety theories, models, methods and tools that have an application on addressing the challenge of improving the quality and safety of the healthcare system.
- HCM550: Healthcare Policy Analysis and DevelopmentThis course introduces and examines methods for assuring quality in policy, process, and outcome management are described, as well as the significance and statistical application of measuring outcomes. The development of healthcare policies and changing trends are identified and analyzed.
- HCM565: Healthcare FinanceThis course focuses on the application of key finance principles and concepts to healthcare organizations. The course enables students to learn how to develop, apply, and interpret various financial tools and concepts, including financial statements analysis, costs structure and allocation, dashboards, budgeting and variance analysis, sources of revenue and reimbursement, return on investment analysis, financial ratios, capital budgeting and investment decision making, and working capital management.
- HCM570: Healthcare Information SystemsThis course is designed to introduce students to the core knowledge and skills needed to oversee the information technology in a healthcare environment. This includes how to identify and solve organizational problems affecting the design, implementation, and use of health information management systems throughout the enterprise. In this course, you will gain knowledge on how healthcare administrators can lead, manage, develop, and motivate staff toward meeting the changing needs. We’ll discuss the functions and interoperability of various systems including regulatory requirements, and how to assure the confidentiality of patient information and recent trends in the changing healthcare landscape.
- HCM580: Strategic Management in HealthcareUnderstand and integrate the components of organizational strategy development and execution.
We will help you customize your online degree in healthcare administration and management by adding a specialization. Similar to a degree concentration, each specialization consists of four courses in your chosen area of interest.
- AccountingThe accounting program is ideal for students interested in pursuing advanced business opportunities in financial planning, bookkeeping, or accounting fields.
- Applied Business ManagementGain a competitive advantage and increase career prospects through this specialization or certificate of completion with a focus on practical business and management skills in accounting, financing, strategic development, organizational change, and more.
- Business IntelligenceThis program focused on utilizing data and interpreting trends in information to accomplish company objectives and goals.
- Criminal Justice LeadershipThe criminal justice field includes careers in security, courts, corrections, and forensics, as well as local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies. The graduate level Criminal Justice Leadership program provides advanced management skills to further your professional development.
- FinanceIn this program, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.With a master’s degree from CSU-Global featuring a specialization in finance, students are prepared for careers as financial managers and leaders in the corporate world. Advanced financial areas of study include economics, decision making, risk and return, global market analysis, strategic planning, reporting, and more.
- Fraud ManagementThe Fraud Management program is ideal for financial specialists focused on the prevention of deceitful practices and activity through the effective management and protection of sensitive information.
- Human Resource ManagementStudents interested in furthering their careers in the field of human resources should consider this program, which provides organizational management skills with an emphasis on personnel, staff training and development, policy and procedures, and more. This program is designed as an HRCI certification prep course.
- Human Resource PerformanceStudents who aim to improve an organization’s effectiveness through human resources should consider the Human Resource Performance program. Emphasis is on the successful management of organized labor employees in dynamic environments.
- Information TechnologyManagers, directors, and senior executives in information technology can gain vital knowledge to increase an organization’s efficiency and effectiveness in the marketplace through the advanced IT strategies and implementation training provided by this program.
- International ManagementIn today’s global marketplace, effective leadership in any industry requires special skills. Students interested in pursuing a career with multi-national strategic vision benefit from the skills and application of knowledge obtained in the International Management program.
- Organizational Leadership and Change ManagementManagers, at any level or tenure, must be able to adapt to the ever-changing landscape of business. Students in this program gain the tools for career advancement by learning to thrive through market innovations and handle rapid organizational growth and change.
- Organizational Learning and PerformanceLearn to apply essential learning strategies and instructional design techniques in order to increase performance and accomplish organizational goals. Key topics include performance and delivery systems, assessment and evaluation, the use of learning technologies, and strategic planning and leadership.
- Project ManagementThis graduate level program in project management offers extensive leadership and skill development regarding improved organizational efficiency and performance. These courses include topic areas, practical skills, and knowledge aligned to professional certifications associated with the Project Management Institute (PMI) including the Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)® and the Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
- Strategic Innovation and Change ManagementThis program focuses on enhancing one’s ability to efficiently manage though the strategic implementation of change and evolution within a business or organization. Managers who effectively adapt to meet the needs of their environment are more likely to succeed.
All courses are taught by qualified instructors with current industry experience to ensure that you are learning the healthcare administration and management practices relevant today. All instructors at the graduate level hold doctoral degrees in their fields and are specially trained to teach online, so that you and your fellow students can think more critically about how the subject matter applies to real-world situations.
Master of Healthcare Administration and Management
Dr. Attila Hertelendy
Dr. Attila Hertelendy has a professional background with many leadership positions including Fire Chief, emergency services manager, healthcare administration, and more. He teaches undergraduate and graduate students in his areas of expertise of healthcare and emergency/disaster management, organizational behavior, and strategic leadership as well as serving as the Program Coordinator for the Master's in Healthcare Administration and Management program at CSU-Global.
He currently lives in Florida with his wife, three daughters, and yellow lab. He also enjoys international travel, skiing, scuba diving, reading, and is earning a private pilot's license.
Dr. Hertelendy earned his Ph.D. in Clinical Health Sciences with a specialization in Healthcare Administration from the University of Mississippi. He also holds master’s degrees in Health Services Management from Charles Stuart University in Australia and in Biomedical Science from the University of Mississippi.