Earn your bachelor's degree from CSU-Global, even if you've never attempted a college course before.
CSU-Global recently received state approval to increase its access to students with little to no prior college experience. To help ensure student success, the university has created a program especially for these students who plan on starting their college experience for the first time with us.
If you are someone who went straight to work after high school or has always wanted to earn your degree but just never took that first step, we want to help you finally reach that goal!
Our First Time Freshman Cohorts begin in our Spring-A and Spring-B terms. See our Academic Catalog for specific dates. Fill out the form to your right to get in touch with an Enrollment Counselor today!
To participate in the First-Time Freshman Cohort, you must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must have fewer than 13 transferable college credits.
- Colorado residents must be at least 23 years of age. There is no age restrictions for those residing outside the state of Colorado.
- ACT Score of 20 or above or SAT Score of 1000 or above.
- High School GPA of 3.2 or above
Applicants who do not meet the admissions requirements above must also submit the following:
- Resume outlining their professional experience of two years or more.
- Statement of purpose.
- Complete an online assessment, SmarterMeasure, in order to understand assess technical skills, life experience, and other factors.
Applicants with transfer credit from the military which contains no GPA, nationally accredited schools or other nontraditional sources of transfer credit must submit a statement of purpose for admissions consideration.
In addition to the admissions requirements, selected participants will be required to adhere to specific enrollment guidelines and will be asked to provide feedback so CSU-Global can monitor the program's success:
- You will be required to take three credits per term during your first trimester and you must complete the following four courses in the listed order before enrolling in other courses:
You cannot take more than 12 credits within a trimester, cannot register in overlap courses, and cannot enroll in 300 or 400 level coursework until you have completed your first 24 credits.
You must maintain Good Academic Standing as defined in the Academic Catalog.
- ORG100: Navigating Organizations and Change
- ENG101: Composition I
- HUM101: Critical Reasoning
- ENG102: Composition II
How To Apply
To be considered to take adult degree programs in the First-Time Freshmen Cohort, complete the following steps:
- Complete the form to the right and an Enrollment Counselor will contact you to go over the specific program requirements.
- Apply online at http://Application.CSUGlobal.edu. See our Academic Catalog to determine start dates and when necessary application materials must to be submitted. Freshman students can only start during A-terms.
- Work with your Enrollment Counselor to submit the required documents (e.g., your high school transcripts, college readiness scores, statement of purpose, resume, etc.). You must also submit a scholarship application as part of the admissions process.