Student Financial Services Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to common questions CSU-Global receives from students about how to pay for college, their student account, tuition, and financial aid.
Financial Services and Contact Information
How do I contact my advisor for financial information?
Phone Number: 1-877-900-2655
Our Business Hours are Monday through Thursday 8:00a.m.-6:00p.m. and Friday 8:00a.m.-5:00p.m. Voicemails and emails are responded to within one business day.
What student financial services can my advisor help me with?
Advisors can help answer questions regarding Financial Aid, Military Benefits, Payment Options, Invoice Requests, and any other Student Account issues.
Student Account and Payment Information
How can I make a payment for the balance on my account?
- Online: You may make a payment online through your Student Portal by going to the “My Finances" tab and clicking on “Pay my Tuition.” From there, you will need to read and accept the terms, and will then be taken to the payment tab. Payments made online should appear on your account within a few hours.
- By Mail: You may mail a check to:
Colorado State University-Global Campus
ATTN: Student Payments
7800 East Orchard Road, Suite 200
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
I need to get an invoice for my tuition reimbursement. What do I need to do?
- Students can print an invoice of their tuition charges directly from the Student Portal. Current students should click here to go to the invoice page within the portal and then follow the instructions.
Applying for Financial Aid
How do I apply for financial aid?
- Complete the FAFSA application for the current award year online at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov. Be sure that the CSU-Global school code (042087) is on your application.
- FAFSA applications are usually received by the school within three (3) business days from the date that you submit the FAFSA, as long as our school code is on the application.
- If you are selected for verification or additional documents are required in order to determine your eligibility, you will be notified by email from the Student Financial Services Office within one (1) business day of when we receive the FAFSA. All required documents appear in the document center of your Student Portal.
What is the school code for Colorado State University-Global Campus?
CSU-Global’s school code is 042087. This must be included on your FAFSA for us to receive your application.
What do I need to do to complete verification?
You will need to complete the Verification Worksheet, once it is available through the document center of your Student Portal. Then either submit a copy of your tax return transcript from the IRS or update your FAFSA application using the IRS data retrieval tool.
How do I get my IRS Tax Return transcripts?
Go to http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript and click on “order a transcript.” You can also call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 to request a copy.
How long does it take from the time I complete my FAFSA until I receive a financial aid award letter?
It takes approximately three days from the time you register for classes or within three days from the date that we receive your FAFSA if your FAFSA is received after you register for courses. If you are selected for verification, you must complete verification before we will be able to package your awards. If you are registered for classes, you should receive an award notification email or an email informing you of additional required documentation within three business days from the date that you register from classes.
Financial Aid Impact on Course Registration
I want to know what my financial aid award package will be before I register for courses, how can I get an estimated award letter if I am not registered?
Email FinancialAid@CSUGlobal.edu to request an estimated award letter prior to registering for courses. Be sure to include the expected number of credit hours you plan to take each term that your information will be based on. We respond to email requests within 24 hours. For undergraduate students, any estimates provided prior to the evaluation of official transcripts will be based on Freshman status.We will NOT provide estimated award letters if we have not received a FAFSA.
If I withdraw from my class, how will my financial aid be affected?
- If you withdraw from ALL courses in a term, a portion of your financial aid may be refunded based on the percentage of time you attended during the term.
- If you withdraw from a course, are still attending a course, and your aid has already been disbursed, your financial aid will only be affected if you do not successfully complete the course you are still enrolled in. If you earn an FN grade (for non-participation), it may be required that up to 50% of your financial aid be returned.
- If you withdraw from a course, are still attending a course, but your aid has NOT disbursed, you may not receive your scheduled disbursement or it may be less than expected depending on your enrollment status at the time of disbursement. For example: if you are an undergraduate student in six (6) credit hours at the beginning of the term and decide to drop to three (3) credit hours, you would be considered less than half-time and would not eligible for a disbursement of Federal loans. Pell Grant eligibility, in this instance, would also be reduced.
How many classes do I need to take to be considered half-time versus a full-time student?
- For undergraduate students: You must be enrolled in and/or have successfully completed at least six (6) credit hours during a trimester to be considered half-time. Full-time status requires that you are enrolled in and/or have successfully completed at least 12 credit hours. Grades of W or FN do not count toward your enrollment status.
- For graduate students: You must be enrolled in and/or have successfully completed at least three (3) credit hours during a trimester to be considered half-time. Full-time status requires that you are enrolled in and/or have successfully completed at least 6 credit hours. Grades of W or FN do not count toward your enrollment status.
Financial Aid Awards
When will I get my financial aid disbursements?
Disbursements are processed the Wednesday following the drop date for each term. To receive a disbursement in any given term, you must:
- Be attending courses that term
- Be considered at least half-time for the trimester (6 credits for undergraduate, 3 credits for graduate)
- Have all required documentation submitted to qualify for your disbursements in order to qualify for federal loan disbursements.
Students who are first-time borrowers will have a 30-day waiting period from the start of their first term before we are able to make the first disbursement.
When will I get my stipend check?
Once your financial aid disbursements have posted to your account, you can expect any remaining credit (after tuition and any charged books have been covered) to be provided back to you within 14 days from the date the credit appeared on your account.
How do I order my books?
You will need to purchase your books on your own, and then use any financial aid refund you have received to “reimburse” yourself. However, you will not be issued any financial aid until after the census date (last day to drop courses) for each term.
How do I get a book voucher?
Students that qualify for Pell Grant and have all of the required documentation on file and are registered at least 10 days prior to the start of the term will qualify and receive a book voucher that can only be used at http://www.textbookx.com/csuglobal. Vouchers are emailed to students on the Friday 10 days before the start of the term. If you have further questions, please contact Academic and Financial Services at 877-900-2655.
My lender says I am in repayment, how can I let them know I am in school?
Request an In-School Deferment form from your lender. Complete the student information and signature portions of the document, and then fax the completed form to the Student Financial Services Department at 720-294-1287. We will need the fax number of your lender in order to process the request, so please be sure to fax the entire document.
Students with questions about CSU-Global's options for receiving financial aid refunds should visit CSUGlobal.edu/refundoptions for full details.