Tuition Assistance (TA) and Veteran's Assistance (VA) Education Benefit Information
Military benefits come in a variety of forms based on your status including tuition assistance and veteran’s education benefits. CSU-Global will defer tuition payment while your military benefits are processing; however, if you are not eligible for benefits, or have reduced benefits you will be responsible for any uncovered charges.
Please review the Education and Training Benefit Factsheets available through the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for more information about the different types of educational benefits available. Students with questions about the types of aid available are encouraged to contact either the education office at their local military installation or the Department of Veterans Affairs at 888-442-4551 or www.gibill.va.gov.
All Military Students
All new students must apply to CSU-Global Campus, submit official transcripts from all sources of credit and receive a degree plan.
New military students must also complete and return the CSU-Global Military Information Form through their student document center. Please also submit a copy of your military ID, DD-214, or current orders; this documentation will ensure that you receive the proper billing rate and that your benefits are processed in a timely fashion. You can submit this documentation to MilitaryAdvising@CSUGlobal.edu.
Students using VA Education Benefits
To use your VA education benefits, you must first apply for them through http://www.gibill.va.gov/apply-for-benefits/. Please be aware that the VA Regional Office in St. Louis, MO may take 8-12 weeks to process applications for educational benefits, so early registration is encouraged. If you are not sure which type of benefit you wish to use, contact the Office of Veteran’s Administration at 1-888-442-4451 with additional questions.
Once you’ve enrolled, submit a copy of your VONAPP to MilitaryAdvising@CSUGlobal.edu to alert the university that you have completed your application for educational benefits.
Additional Student Responsibilities
Students using Chapter 30, Chapter 35, Chapter 1606, and Chapter 1607
- If you have not previously used education benefits, you must submit VA Form 22-1990 “Application for VA Educational Benefits” to VONAPP. This form is available online: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp
- If you have used education benefits before, but wish to change your school or degree program, you must submit VA Form 22-1995 “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training” to VONAPP. This form is available online: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp.
You are also responsible for reporting/updating your attendance to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (W.A.V.E.).
Students using Chapter 31
First contact your Vocational Rehabilitation Counselor (VRC), located within your nearest VA Regional Benefits Office. Once approved, follow your VRCs instructions for completing required paperwork. If you have already been approved, please send your VRCs contact information to MilitaryAdvising@CSUGlobal.edu, so that your eligibility may be verified.
Students using Chapter 33
- If you have not previously used Chapter 33 benefits, you must submit VA Form 22-1990 “Application for VA Educational Benefits” to VONAPP. This form is available online: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp.
- If you have used benefits before, but wish to change your school or degree program, you must submit VA Form 22-1995 “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training” to VONAPP. This form is available online: http://vabenefits.vba.va.gov/vonapp.
- If the person receiving benefits is not the servicemember, submit VA Form 22-1990-E “Dependents’ Application for VA Educational Benefits” to the Central VA regional office.
Admitted students, don’t forget to submit your Degree Plan to your Education Center (Army students will upload this form directly to GoArmyEd.com). You must submit your degree plan in order to receive a TA Authorization Form. Please note that your TA Authorization Form must be obtained from your Education Center prior to the start of each course.
Once your degree plan is approved, submit your TA Authorization Form to MilitaryTA@CSUGlobal.edu. By signing the TA Authorization Form you give your consent for CSU-Global to share information regarding your academic record with your branch of service, which is required in order to process your TA in compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
- Different services have different TA education benefits. Each service sets a TA rate, and governs the process for administering their TA program. If you have questions about your rate, please contact your Education Center.
- For more information, students should review their branches' specific TA policies: Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, and Coast Guard.
Department of Veteran’s Affairs
Contact the Department of Veteran's Affairs with general questions about VA educational benefits, including how to complete forms.
www.gibill.va.gov or call 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1888-442-4551).
CSU-Global Campus Military Outreach and Benefits Office
For VA Certification and Student Advising:
Toll-Free: 1-800-462-7845, x7
Phone: 720-279-0162 (direct)
After submitting your paperwork to VONAPP, send a copy of your 22-1990 or 22-1995 to this office. Once all required documentation is received, CSU-Global Campus will submit VA Form 22-1999 “Enrollment Certification” on your behalf. Once submitted, the timeline to process your benefits before you can begin classes is approximately 3 weeks.
To submit your TA Authorization Form:
Phone: 720-279-1146 (direct)